Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Regional People and Category Leader provides direction and management for a category management team that consists of Category Managers, Buyers and Analysts that manage, analyze, and buy, goods and services. This role will also own the category management lifecycle process for at least one regional category, including development, implementation, and execution of the detailed category management strategy, identification of opportunities, definition of the annual goals, and will be the primary ownership of the management of the supplier relationship process. This role will also work closely with their global counterparts to provide input into global category strategies and ensure that those global strategies are executed to the benefit of the company.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Evaluate the market for all types of Renewable Energy Agreements, Suppliers and Developers
- Analyze Ball portfolio by working with Sustainability, Engineering, Real Estate, Commercial and Tax to create a robust methodology for prioritizing & filtering sites for the deployment of renewable energy technologies
- Work with finance to determine financial evaluation criteria
- Create and lead project teams from across the business to support the successful implementation of Renewable Energy Agreements
- Prepare and lead Renewable Energy tenders and work closely with the Manager - Energy Procurement
- Lead contract negotiations in collaboration with sustainability, internal Legal, Finance, Accounting, Treasury, and Tax teams
- Lead the financial analysis/modelling and business case justification for project opportunities
- Create written proposals for priority opportunities, and drive agreements through to contract execution
- Track and maintain project commitments and contractual obligations, ensuring agreements perform as planned
- Maintain an international network of energy suppliers/developers
- Develop recommended practices to guide risk allocation and risk mitigation
- Ensure the risk environment is assessed on a regular basis
- Provide regular updates and reports to all stakeholders regarding all agreements
- Ensure all projects comply with Ball internal policies, procedures and controls and that these are understood and adhered to.
- Procurement of energy contracts that follow the Ball way of Procurement and align with energy market trading horizons.
- Commodity price risk management – understand, track and strategize for physical and financial commodity products and markets ensuring treasury.
- Create methods to measure commodity price risk and implement commodity price triggers
- Chair energy committee meetings to report spend performance, risks and hedging recommendations.
- Create, communicate and implement category plans, purchasing strategies, risk management strategies & policies, and financial budgets for each country within each region to create a global plan for electricity and natural gas.
- Manage the relationship with the energy advisor.
- Execute hedging strategies in accordance with regional risk management policies.
- Supplier management - ensuring performance and contract compliance through establishing SLA & KPI’s.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree with master’s degree or advanced certification (e.g., MBA, CPM, CPSM, CPSC, PMP) preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively increasing responsibility in Sourcing, Category Management, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Management Consulting, or business-related operations in a global environment.
- At least 6 years of experience with specific category(ies) is required.
- Strong people leadership skills and a demonstrated strength and ability to organize and lead dynamic and cohesive teams.
- Deep understanding of category management, strategic sourcing, and supplier relationship management principles and application.
- Advanced financial analytical skills and experience in enhancing value through negotiations.
- Strategic orientation, inquisitive, comfortable with ambiguity, and self-motivated to identify trends and improvement opportunities aligned with business objectives and strategic plans.
- Ability to build effective relationships, influence peers and key stakeholders, and built consensus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to the given audience, present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with ability to extract key themes, determine root causes, develop creative solutions, and craft concise messages.
Region Specific Responsible Areas:
Interacts with and aligns with Global Business Leaders (Commercial, Operations, Engineering, Finance, IT), Regional Category Managers and regional leadership regarding category strategies and execution of global categories.
Regional Heads of Procurement, Global Business Leaders, Global Category Managers, regional category stakeholders, regional business unit heads, Finance, regional consumers of relevant goods and services.
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $86,500 - $132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade:12
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans