Project/Portfolio Manager at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Our team of FIS professionals' partner with FIS clients to develop a technology roadmap that meets the needs of our client's and their customers. As trusted advisors, our we review our client's strategic goals and provide guidance as they navigate the process of how to turn their ideas into a reality.
What you will be doing
Our team is comprised of FIS subject matter experts. The team is responsible for receiving new project requests, providing consultation on requirements, estimation, and the creation of high-level design artifacts.
Your role will be to provide leadership and oversight to the team's day-to-day activities, serve as a trusted partner to our client, and act as the team representative for FIS management.
• Support the team as they design software product applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software applications for internal use.
• Manage and coordinate work efforts of the team.
• Forecast resource needs based on an analysis of both portfolio and projected client spend.
• Maximize both utilization and profitability of assigned team of resources' billable time.
• Ensure that team deliverables and artifacts meet appropriate quality standards.
• Adhere to the departmental application development and client delivery process standards.
• Coordinate with industry compliance consultants and product managers to verify applications meet regulatory compliance.
• Consult with FIS Sales organization on new opportunities for client growth and development.
What you bring:
• Knowledge of FIS products and services.
• Skill in project management, organization, communications, analytical and people skills.
• Skill in leading, supervising and managing effectively under pressure.
• Ability to be comfortable interacting with executive level clients.
• Ability to analyze client's business needs and determine related information services support.
• Ability to maintain positive working relationship with client.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and problem areas.
• Ability to operate independently.
• Ability to exhibit solid decision-making and problem solving skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Added bonus if you have:
• Experience with the delivery of FIS TouchPoint, Xpress, and/or Systematics products.
• Experience with multiple project delivery methodologies - e.g. Waterfall and Agile concepts.
What we offer you:
• A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
• A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
• A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
• Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.