Project Planner and Scheduler at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:19 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, February 9, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
The Project Planner and Scheduler is a role in developing, coordinating, maintaining, and assessing complex resource loaded execution schedules for engineering, manufacturing and supply chain. This position will be instrumental in the evaluation of program planning products and practices and will be a key player in the remediation activities upon identification of process and program gaps. Position also entails defining and standardizing Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) structures, policies, and procedures to facilitate efficient and accurate program status and consistent cost/schedule integration across entire programs. This position reports to the Sr. Program Manager. This position will require a team player who, along with the Sr. Program Manager, can translate program scope into an execution plan for the team and maintain and change that plan as needed to support the program objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in related field.
- 5+ years experience in developing and maintaining complex integrated schedules for large technical programs in Microsoft Project or equivalent.
- Ability to assist in the preparation, development, and coordination of integrated master schedules to meet all program objectives across multiple functions and domains.
- Ability to create project structure and analysis tools that include responsibility assignment matrices, WBS dictionaries, OBS/WBS structures, milestone identification, baseline development, budgeting, risk analysis, and detailed costs/schedule performance metrics reporting.
- Ability to develop, monitor and conduct forensic evaluations of schedule performance and has experience developing overall schedule health metrics.
- Experience working with financial analysts and program managers to generate and review monthly internal and external customer performance reporting data.
- Work with supply chain leadership and program managers to ensure program baselines are set across the supply base and procurement plan meets program needs.
- Collaborate with program managers to complete program status, evaluate progress, develop program projections, and prepare and analyze program reports.
- Comfortable with establishing scheduling processes and procedures and implementing scheduling tools across an enterprise organization with IT support.
It would be great if you had:
- Demonstrate proficiency using MS Office Suite – specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience with SmartSheets, Microsoft Project Pro, Project Server and Project Web Application.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficient in formal and informal discussions at all levels of the business, customer and supplier organizations.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced environment, efficiently and effectively.
- Self-starter that can work independently and with various teams and functions.
- Prior experience with scheduling and planning within the aerospace and more specifically the aviation industry.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description