Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary purpose of the position:
Manages small-to-medium scale projects using standard project management methodology and processes. Manages project teams, creates project objectives and plans to deliver quality solutions on time and in budget. Manages the tactical aspects of small to medium size engagements and mitigates any risk. This includes reviewing and managing high-level deliverables within and across business units, performing project reviews and ensuring project management best practices take place for all engagements. Works closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective business solutions for Ball Corporation.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Understands the business context of the project and uses knowledge to make appropriate decisions on project approach, issue and risk management, and dependency and constraint management.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of personnel within the escalation process and the specific responsibilities of the PM in facilitating that process
- Create project plans based on business case, timelines, dependencies, financial factors and resources and ensure on-time, on budget, on scope execution
- Provide project oversight and quality reviews, coordination of deliverable sign-off, and project reporting
- Understand delivery methods (e.g. waterfall, agile) and can to select, modify/align that method with the needs of the project
- Ability to communicate across business and IT stakeholders, especially when changes to project need to be communicated
- Formulate and manage the process for prioritizing and sequencing project activities to support successful execution while managing project risks, dependencies, and constraints
- Partners with Service Delivery to appropriate resource projects, and is responsible for ensuring all applicable processes are followed.
- Manage the project change process and determine the impact of project changes on the business case, and re-forecast value creation
- Provide oversight of supplier PMs responsible for program/project management and delivery
- For smaller projects, support the documentation of business requirements and communicate them effectively to IT and business stakeholders
Position Requirement & competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Job related experience for 5+ years minimum in software delivery required
- 3+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of project development and execution
- Experience with waterfall and agile methodologies
- Experienced in managing project scopes, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders with budget and risks
- Experience with metrics-driven management of small to medium scale projects efforts
- Experience with generating business cases/ROI; must have experience performing technology selection and vendor management
- Project Management Certifications are highly desirable (PMP, CSM, Lean Six Sigma etc..)
- Ability to effectively manage project teams indirectly in a highly matrixed environment
- Advanced proficiency in project management tools (e.g., Microsoft Project, Jira)
- Advanced proficiency in analytical, organizational, project management, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Customer- and relationship-focused, process-driven, metric-focused, results-oriented, organized, self-directed
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- system and business principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures
- generally accepted managerial practices and procedures
- programming, systems design, computer operating systems and utilities, project management, risk management, security, cost management, implementation and start-up of new business processes and computerized systems
- as it relates to information services, of purchasing, legal contracts, taxes, leases, licenses, accounting, economics, depreciation, capitalization, accruals, ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations), EAR (Export Administration Regulations), auditing (internal and external), insurance, and contract negotiations
- Good knowledge of ERP systems functionality and their benefits e.g., J.D. Edwards, MFGPro and SAP
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $98,500 - $150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans