Project Manager at BillGO
Bill payments are stuck in the past – BillGO is changing that.
BillGO is innovating past what exists today and has developed technology that offers our customers secure, real-time payments. We are obsessed with what we do and know our offering is unique in the marketplace. We have signed contracts with several industry power-players and are experiencing exponential growth. Now we are expanding the team to support our ambitions of further disrupting the payments space.
A high energy, engaging, and influential professional that values being part of a team working together to bring a project to completion. Collaboration comes naturally to you and you like to develop project plans to achieve organizational goals. Work is most rewarding when you can make meaningful contributions to a rapidly growing company.
What’s in it for you?
- Pay and Benefits: We offer competitive pay and benefits, including PTO, holiday pay and free parking
- Tools: We provide the tools you need to do your best work
- Owner’s Club: You’ll be granted ownership shares (stock options) so you have real skin in the game
- Snacks and Drinks: We have a diverse selection of goodies
- Work / Life: We work hard, but also know you need a life outside BillGO
- Fun Environment: We’re a close-knit group that likes to make work fun – we have an open office and get together for activities like happy hour and hiking
This role is located in Fort Collins, CO.
Be part of a team that’s changing the status quo.
At BillGO, we work in a highly collaborative environment where we believe that great ideas can come from anywhere. We are looking for a growth oriented and data driven Finance leader to join our team who will be motivated to research and analyze business performance, develop trusted relationships across the organization, and partner reliably to cultivate the best ideas into executable plans.
We are innovating past what exists and we are looking for a natural leader with the ability to inspire collaboration and drive for results that will ensure implementation success: delivering the best bill pay experience for the end user. The Project Manager role at BillGO requires creativity, empathy, and a relentless spirit to help large financial institutions navigate the complexities of the discovery, execution, testing, and go-live phases of the implementation journey.
- Accountable for customer implementations to go-live on schedule
- Guiding internal resources from Engineering, Implementations, Account management, Marketing, etc. through the process
- Guiding external leaders through discovery, scope, scheduling and execution on time
- Need to be able to influence and manage the process/people with and without authority
- Lead a cross-functional implementation team to drive success in collaboration with client leaders and key stakeholders towards common goals
- Facilitate the discovery, execution, testing, and go-live phases of the project while tracking status of key deliverables and milestones.
- Navigate opportunities with empathy by seeking to understand all perspectives and identifying “Yes, if” solutions
- Maintain clarity and accountability by preparing meeting agendas, articulating objectives, and capturing action items
- Ability to travel as needed to build relationships and focus on impact
- Compose weekly reports demonstrating key accomplishments, near-term deliverables, and items requiring attention including updates to executive management
- Institute meeting cadences with various stakeholders to drive results such as daily standups, weekly touchpoints, etc.
- Contribute to internal program alignment meetings for resource capacity planning and orchestration across the project portfolio.
- Encourage optimism and build camaraderie through active recognition of exceptional performance and opportunities for connection. Make it fun!
- Proven experience leading technical client facing implementation projects with financial institutions
- Meaningful experience in banking, payments, and/or financial services
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related major with strong academic record
- Intimate knowledge of banking systems and operations such as bill pay, item processing, online banking, core processing, ACH, etc.
- Conceptual knowledge of SOA, APIs, RBAC, SSO, UX, and web applications
- Robust critical thinking skills enabling rapid understanding of the client’s environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive results without positional authority
- Comfort with ambiguity with the ability to create clarity and actionable tasks
- Organized, detail oriented, flexible, and highly motivated
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Comfort facilitating meetings with a wide range of participants from technical engineers to senior executives
- Willingness to work in a highly collaborative environment where the belief is that great ideas can come from anywhere. Candidates must be able to embrace this culture, foster idea generation, and work to cultivate the best ideas into an executable plan
Recommended but not required:
- Prior PMP certification a plus
- Experience in agile methodologies a plus
- Experience with Confluence by Atlassian
- Conceptual experience with cloud solutions such as AWS and/or Azure a plus