Project Manager at SambaSafety
**We are currently not accepting any out of state applicants for this role.**
Who we are:
Hi, we’re SambaSafety and we offer the industry’s most comprehensive driver monitoring software. Our technology helps everyone from large corporations to small companies ensure only the safest individuals are driving on behalf of their business. These companies trust SambaSafety to keep their employees safe on the roads, helping protect their brand, greater community and bottom line. Simply put, we save lives and are on a mission to reduce crashes on American roadways 20 percent by 2025.
We’ve built an inclusive, supportive, and exceptional culture where every employee is empowered in their role. Don’t take our word for it; we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Denver Post and Built In Colorado. And our employees rate SambaSafety top-notch, with a rock solid 4.7-star rating on Glassdoor.
What you'll do:
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software projects using Agile methodologies including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Balanced business/technical background - Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- This role will oversee scheduling and carrying out regular status meetings to capture and record product-related tasks and initiatives on a day-to-day basis. In this critical role for SambaSafety, the Project Manager will work with a diverse set of teams and drive success at SambaSafety as we grow our leadership position in the driver monitoring space.
This role requires someone with a combination of strong project management, organization, and communication skills, who also has strategic experience working with the product, marketing, operations, sales, legal, accounting and support teams in software, product, service, or development organization. The right candidate will bring experience and insight, an incredibly positive attitude, and a good sense of humor. Combined, these attributes will drive the right candidate to excel in the following initiatives:
- Define, estimate, and schedule project tasks and interdependencies to achieve the project scope through a clearly defined project schedule/work breakdown structure
- Accurately obtain and record product inputs, timelines, and key deliverables from cross-functional teams
- Support simultaneous product launch initiatives and customer implementations
- Support customers through implementation and ensure a smooth transition to production support
- Work with multiple teams across the organization to ensure successful customer implementations
- Implement against a recommended plan that is structured and disciplined, yet smartly flexible to absorb change
- Anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies, and provide escalation management
- Identify and mobilize the team and track key measures of success for the project
- A passion for software products
- A proven ability to influence others without formal authority
- An action-oriented mindset; not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Sharp business judgment, detail oriented yet able to see the big picture
- Able to work autonomously with high variability
- Fun, outgoing and a great sense of humor
- A highly driven self-starter who is motivated, with exceptional communication, presentation and organization skills
- Impressive attention to detail
- Able to effectively coordinate resources from multiple areas of the company
- Comprehensive troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt well to new technologies
- Ability to handle several tasks and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and productively in an unstructured environment
What you'll need:
- BS/BA required or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years of experience in project coordination and business management within the software development space
- PMP and SCRUM or Agile certifications desired
- Expert understanding of traditional and agile product development practices
- 4+ years managing concurrent SaaS initiatives with a track record of successful management of resources, external stakeholders, budgets and schedules
- Deep understanding of the SaaS implementation and release process
- A demonstrated history of managing complex projects, specifically focused on product release
- Great computer skills, and proficient in MS office applications
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a "can do" attitude, but open to feedback and a strong desire to learn.
Benefits and Perks:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Volunteer Days
- 401k and generous Healthcare Benefits including a fully employer paid family medical plan
- Wellness &Tuition Reimbursement
- Zoom Happy Hours
- Flexible Work From Home schedule & Monthly Internet stipend
- Lots of Samba swag
- Samba Virtual Events including our famous Samba Sprint
Our team of talented and committed safety professionals is exceptional. At SambaSafety we strive to foster an inclusive culture that supports, encourages and celebrates a wide array of diversity. We are committed to create a space where all employees can show up as their authentic selves every day, and we work to advance employee equality, diversity and inclusion.
SambaSafety provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, and expression or genetics.
Come join us to find out for yourself what all the excitement is about!