Inboxlab, a fast-growing digital publisher, is expanding!
Inboxlab builds brands that expand perspectives through the wonder of learning, by delivering educational and entertaining experiences directly to the inbox. Since beginning our story, we've had one goal in mind: to become an engine for optimism. We firmly believe that the more connected to and aware of the world around us we are, the better off humankind will be.
Two years in, we're profitable and VC-free, and we've amassed 19 million subscribers across brands in the travel and gamified education verticals — with a pipeline of new brands to be launched in the future.
Our team of 50+ is insatiably curious, infectiously optimistic, radically connected, and intentionally intrepid. We operate as a distributed workforce, working remotely from around the world. As a team we interact with our hubs in Denver, LA, New York and Buenos Aires. If that resonates with you, we should talk!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a full-time Project Manager, you will work strategically and tactically in project management by setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated within a cross-functional environment. You will manage assigned projects, oversee development stages, evaluate project progress, and act as the primary liaison for clear delivery responsibilities and status reports. Throughout time, you will define efficiencies & improvements in the delivery of the project management process.
The Project Manager is responsible for various assigned projects and the execution of the Brand team’s vision. You will spend your time managing projects, writing user stories, creating requirements, defining acceptance criteria, and helping prioritize the backlog in an agile/scrum methodology. The role will be centered on great communication skills and being actively involved across the company with brand strategy, design, content, engineering, commerce, revenue, and agile business analysts to execute on the company’s priorities. This role will require a malleable individual with strong project management skills, agile skills, attention to detail, great communication, and a desire to continually exceed expectations.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- The Project Manager is accountable for overseeing all activities of the project life cycle for each assigned project.
- Define and create project plans for assigned projects.
- Evaluate trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value.
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria.
- Provide vision and direction to the assigned project team and stakeholders throughout the project.
- Work cross-functionally with the Project team to facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the life cycle of projects.
- Work with the Project team to assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered.
- Ensure all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards set by the company.
- Continually update relevant business stakeholders of project status.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING
- Ability to track program interdependencies, milestones, and deliverables to ensure timely and successful project implementation/deployment.
- Ability to prepare & maintain project plans; understanding of creative and technical development tasks and dependencies.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, communication, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Project Management software; Jira experience useful but not required. Project and or Agile certification preferred (PMP, CAPM, Prince2, CSM, CSPO, CSD, PMI-ACP, APM, CSP, PSM, SAFe Agilist, etc…).
At Inboxlab we aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds and challenge each other to be better every day!