Project Manager at Pie Insurance
Greater Denver Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:48 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, April 1, 2020
At Pie we are pioneering a new approach to insurance. As a rapidly growing insurtech startup, we are disrupting an industry that is ripe for change. We focus on small business, and each Pie-oneer has the opportunity to help small business owners achieve their dreams through accessible and affordable workers compensation coverage.
As a Project Manager, you’ll be an instrumental member of Pie’s growing Engineering team. Acting as a servant leader you’ll contribute to the development of large scale back end systems, micro-services, and applications for external customers and internal stakeholders. You will facilitate the design, development, testing, delivery and transition of powerful applications.
Pie has an inclusive, values driven culture, where hard working, self driven team members have limitless growth opportunities.
Whether It’s Right For You
You will be joining our team in downtown Denver, specifically LoDo within walking distance from Union Station. Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to love helping people and working close with fellow Pie-oneers. We are a maturing start-up. All hands and minds are needed.
Our team is looking for a Project Manager, reporting to the Program Manager. We expect you’ll have spent time in your past managing software projects from end to end. Of course, you’ll also need certain skills and abilities to do the work.
The Right Stuff
- Required Work Experience: 5 or more years as a Project Manager in commercial settings working on large-scale systems. Agile (Scrum or Kanban) and JIRA required. Show us you’ve leveraged internal and external APIs and diverse databases in the past.
- Proven experience leading software projects through the full SDLC. When we say this, we mean you have managed projects from inception through delivery. You have contributed to high- and low-level planning, monitored project execution, managed risks (assessment, escalation, and remediation), and become an expert at communicating project health status.
- Nice-to-Have’s: Experience in software vendor management, scope trade-off negotiations, and/or change management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required. This job is about people much more than 1’s and 0’s.
- Education. A Scrum Master or Project Management certification or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is nice. We’ll likely put more value on the depth of your experience.
- Adaptable. Expect a decent amount of change as we mature from startup mode to the next level. We are constantly growing and refining best practices and development processes. You have to love it and thrive in it. You have the guts to tackle and remove ambiguity. You have the flexibility to change priorities.
- Learning Mentality. Desire to quickly understand Pie’s platform, architecture, and integrations with 3rd party vendors in a wide environment of software applications. And let’s face it, the highly regulated insurance industry cannot be grasped all at once.
Working at Pie
- You keep a laser focus on satisfying your customers, both internal and external. You strive to deliver the best business outcome for them at all times.
- Your communication style is straight-forward, candid and efficient.
- You value relationships and trust and you’re an expert at building and maintaining them.
- You are eager to increase your knowledge and share it back. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You expect to be challenged and are willing to grow.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
We're building Pie for the next generation of small businesses. Our team is on a mission to make workers’ compensation less expensive, simpler, and more transparent. We leverage data analytics, easy-to-use online features, and a seasoned team of insurance experts to create an insurance model that’s as easy as pie.
Founded in 2017, Pie is a fast-growing Insurtech startup with home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Pie offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community. Invest your time doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment where your contribution will have an immediate impact.
Pie, backed by trusted global insurer Sirius Group, continues to expand nationwide in 2020 as we scale our team and operations. W
ant a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie in the form of stock options. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description