Project Manager at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:46 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, May 12, 2020
At Pie we are pie-oneering a new approach to insurance. As a rapidly growing insurtech startup, we are disrupting an industry that is ripe for change. We focus on small business, and each Pie-oneer has the opportunity to help small business owners achieve their dreams through accessible and affordable workers compensation coverage. Pie has an inclusive, values driven culture, where hard working self-driven team members have limitless growth opportunities.
As a Project Manager, you’ll be an instrumental member of Pie’s growing Engineering team. Acting as a servant leader you’ll contribute to the development of large-scale back end systems, micro-services, and applications for external customers and internal stakeholders. You will facilitate the design, development, testing, delivery and transition of powerful applications.
How You’ll Do It
You will be joining our downtown Denver, specifically LoDo, within walking distance from Union Station. Our team is looking for a project manager, reporting to the program manager. We expect you’ll have spent time in your past managing software projects from end to end. Some additional responsibilities may include:
- Work cross-functionally across the Pie organization to ensure requirements are being met from a technical point of view.
- Lead and manage projects from inception through delivery.
- You will contribute to high and low-level planning, monitored project execution, managed risks, and become an expert in communicating project health status.
- You will consistently work at growing and refining best practices and development processes. You have to love what you do and thrive in a technology focused organization.
- You will quickly adapt and learn the Pie platform, architecture, and integrations with our 3rd party vendors.
- Working in a highly regulated industry means you will need to seek to understand the nuances in the industry.
The Right Stuff
- Required work experience: Five (5) or more years as a project manager in a commercial setting working on large-scale systems. Agile (Scrum or Kanban) and JIRA required.
- Proven experience leading software projects through the full software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Preferred but not strictly required
- Experience in software vendor management, scope trade-off negotiations, and/or change management.
- Education: A Scrum Master or Project Management certification or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is nice. More consideration will be given to your professional experience.
- Adaptable: Expect a decent amount of change as we mature from a start-up mode to the next level.
- Learning Mentality: Desire to quickly understand Pie’s platform and consistently be seeking to learn and grow.
Pie is a place where you can build a career while making a real impact on our company and the small businesses we serve. When you join Pie, you join a team of people who truly care about our customers and the work they do. If you are energized by a high-growth, fast-paced environment and are looking to do meaningful work, we want to hear from you.
• Competitive Salary
• A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock grants)
• Comprehensive health plans
• Take-as-you-need PTO – Salaried
• 3 weeks paid vacation – Hourly
• 7 days of paid sick leave – Hourly
• Commute Allowance
• 401k Match
• Modern office space with onsite gym
• Monthly Happy Hours
• Parental Leave
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie Insurance Raises $45M Series B