Project Manager at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:25 p.m. (MST) on Friday, January 31, 2020
Establish Pie as the preeminent commercial insurance company among small business owners by implementing best-in-class software and practices.
How You’ll Do It
As a Project Manager, you’ll be an instrumental member of Pie’s Engineering team. Acting as a servant leader you’ll contribute to the development of large-scale systems, micro-services, and applications for external customers and internal stakeholders. You will facilitate the design, development, testing, delivery, and transition of powerful applications. You’ll help close gaps in software, data, and operations within the Engineering group, across business units, and for our customers.
Pie is a dynamic, rapidly growing, and fast changing startup. Expect challenges and rewards as we build something awe-inspiring.
- · Work experience: 5 or more years as a Project Manager in commercial settings working on large-scale systems. Practical experience with Agile (Scrum or Kanban) is required. Experience administering JIRA is required.
- · Proven experience managing projects from idea through delivery. You have contributed to high- and low-level planning, monitored project execution, managed risks (assessment, escalation, and remediation), and become an expert at communicating project health status.
- · Your communication skills, both written and verbal, are above average. This job is about people more than ones and zeros. You have to have direct and precise communication skills. You need to be candid and efficient.
- · Nice-to-have’s: Experience in vendor management and/or Change Management.
- · Education. A Scrum Master or Project Management certification or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science are nice, but we put more value on your experience’s depth than your academic training.
- · Adaptable. Expect a decent amount of change at Pie. We are constantly refining our department and cross-departmental practices for an ever-growing customer base and staff. You have the skills and backbone to tackle ambiguity, take ownership, and commit.
- · You are a life-long learner and you enjoy learning new things and new ways. You must have the desire to quickly understand Pie’s platform, architecture, and integrations with 3rd party vendors. Let’s face it, the highly regulated insurance industry cannot be grasped all at once.
- · You keep a laser focus on satisfying your customers, both internal and external. You strive to deliver the best business outcome for them at all times.
- · You value trust and relationships, and you’re an expert at building and maintaining them.
- · You are eager to increase your knowledge and share it back. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- · You expect to be challenged and are willing to grow.
- · You share our passion for the small business community.
- · You must insist on the highest standards. Good enough is never good enough.
Whether It’s Right For You
You will be joining our team in downtown Denver, specifically LoDo, within walking distance from Union Station. Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to love helping people and working close with your fellow Pie-oneers. We are a maturing start-up. All hands and minds are needed.
Our team is looking for a Project Manager, reporting to the Program Manager. We expect you’ll have spent time in your career managing software initiatives, both tactical and strategic, from end to end. You’ll need the following skills and experiences to be successful at this role:
We're building Pie for the next generation of small businesses. Our team is on a mission to make workers’ compensation less expensive, simpler, and more transparent. We leverage data analytics, easy-to-use online features, and a seasoned team of insurance experts to create an insurance model that’s as easy as pie.
Founded in 2017, Pie is a fast-growing InsurTech startup with home offices in Denver, CO and Washington, DC. Pie offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community. Invest your time doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment where your contribution will have an immediate impact.
Backed by trusted global insurer Sirius Group, Pie continues to expand nationwide in 2019 as we scale our team and operations. Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie in the form of stock options. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.