We have an amazing opportunity for an energetic, charismatic, detail-oriented, and analytical force-multiplier to join our fast-growing start-up. Like the rest of us, this person will wear many hats; you will work closely with our founders, partners, customers, and investors. Your role, broadly speaking, will be to solve problems and push renewable energy forward. Specifically, you will work with our national network of solar installation and development partners to finance commercial-scale solar projects across the country. Externally, you’ll be communicating with multiple partners on a daily basis, providing details about our financing products and process, and helping them secure financing for their solar projects. Internally, you’ll work with other members of the Financing and Underwriting teams to model project value, put financing offers together, and perform project diligence.
If you get excited about bringing an entirely new asset class to market, closing million-dollar deals every week, building an organization aimed at saving the world, and ensuring that all of the details needed to make all of that happen are covered, this is the role for you.
- A Strong Foundation - You have 2+ years of relevant professional experience - potentially in finance, solar project development, management consulting, or complex account/project management.
- Autodidact - Comfort with solar and finance is a big plus here, but more importantly, you should be someone who can get up the learning curve on new subjects quickly and is not afraid to think on their feet when speaking about new things.
- Quantitative - While a lot of this job requires client interaction, you’ll be talking about numbers... a lot. You should be comfortable doing mental math and jumping into spreadsheets. Detail orientation is also a must.
- Superior Written and Oral Communication Skills - Client interaction via phone and email is a big part of the job. You should be friendly, empathetic, a good listener, and invigorated by developing and maintaining relationships.
- You have a Team Ethos - You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re not just excited to work cross- functionally, you demand it.
- You’re Flexible, a Quick Responder - The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You can react quickly and efficiently when called upon to change or pivot.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard - In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
Wunder was founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the proliferation of solar energy. Members of our team have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in private equity, developed innovative energy infrastructure solutions for the Department of Energy, and built digital products that are used and loved by millions of people. Now, we’re saving the world.
Our office is a unique hybrid of engineering, design, and business development. Although our backgrounds and responsibilities vary wildly, we’re a tight-knit bunch that loves cross-pollination! And while our mission is big, we try to keep things light. We provide a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! You’ll find us hustling on the job while also cycling, hiking, boarding, skiing, camping, and having late-night dinner parties all over our mile-high home; Boulder, CO.
Our employees enjoy full benefits, unlimited vacation time, a competitive salary, stock options, and one of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world.
SOME BENEFITS TO LOOK FORWARD TO
- - One of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world!
- - A big, bright, convenient, modern and very funky office located in Downtown Boulder
- - Flexible work schedule and availability to work from Denver
- - Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, and treats
- - Health, dental, vision benefits, and matching 401K
- - Unlimited PTO and equity