Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
FIS has been contracted to recreate, build, install and migrate a new client’s instance of Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud environment from the current client AWS account to FIS’s AWS account. You will lead the project to execute the migration of the in-scope applications. Example of some key deliverables you will be responsible for are:
- Document and review security design.
- Review and validate applications (including configurations, dependencies, interfaces, ).
- Define waves for the migration schedules - Migration waves are defined as applications grouped for migration based on priority, interdependencies, and complexities.
- Review draft application and infrastructure migration schedule.
- Prepare Migration Plan.
- Create and validate DevOps environment in Vendor’s AWS.
- Define integration patterns to client’s technology (including DB2, Prism Services)
- Define integration patterns for Third Party vendors (including SSO, Data Feeds, API Integrations)
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery, in alignment with contractual obligations.
- Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Assigns and monitors work of project team providing technical and analytical support and direction. Interfaces with external clients or field-based employees on technical matters as needed.
- Manages project risks, issues / problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
- May work at client sites from time to time requiring some travel.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Requires more than ten years work experience managing technical projects in financial services or a related industry or a related technical field Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Prior experience leading AWS migration projects.
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of the Financial Services industry.
- Knowledge of company’s products and services
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and a fantastic range of benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.