Project Manager Specialist, non-technical at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans and coordinates all aspects of non-technical projects from initiation through delivery.
• Manages project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client or business needs and goals, existing situation and necessary contacts.
• Ensures requirements for internal projects align to operational standards. Develop alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
• Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
• Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
• Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
• Assigns and monitors work of project team, providing analytical support and direction.
• Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
• May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
• Serves as liaison between internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
• Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
• Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
• May directly oversee employees assigned to manage specific project that have a distinct beginning and end. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Identifies project management coordination gaps or areas for improvement and recommends and implements solutions.
• Some travel may be required.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
A Bachelor’s degree in business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
• Knowledge of the industry project management best practices, i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
• Knowledge of standards relevant to the financial services industry , e.g., ISO, Six Sigma
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, SLIM Estimate, Metrics and Control, PlanView, Platinum Process Continuum
• Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
• Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
• Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
• Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Advanced role. Expert knowledge of project management. Works on complex assignments that involve a high degree of risk, impacts to business unit performance and makes use of the individuals’ high level of knowledge within project management. May coach and/or mentor junior project management and support staff. Generally manages very large projects or client programs, i.e., approximately 30,000 to more than 100,000 project hours with a team of 60 to more than 200 team members, an internal cost of $3,000,000 to more than $5,000,000, and a project duration of 6 to more than 24 months of high risk, high complexity, high client and/or FIS visibility, and the relationship is strategic to the FIS portfolio. Works without supervision on the most complex projects. Complete latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires more than ten years work experience managing projects in financial services or a related industry or related subject matter, e.g., finance/accounting, marketing, sales, business planning, business operations. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or active pursuit of certification preferred.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.