Project Manager, Solution Exploration Council at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Project Manager to shepherd projects through the project lifecycle, working hand in hand with project leads across the organization to ensure key milestones and project outcomes are met. In this position, you will play a critical role on the Solutions Exploration Council, partnering with cross-functional colleagues to ensure project objectives and goals are clear and well communicated cross-organizationally, and supporting project teams with cross-team dependencies, resource needs and timeline implications.
In particular, we are looking for someone who is able to manage multiple, cross-organizational projects, ranging in size and function, from inception to completion, and work across the organization to improve visibility into the various workstreams. The ideal candidate must feel comfortable communicating with and gathering feedback from colleagues at varying levels throughout the organization. Please note, we are open to remote candidates for this position!
As Project Manager, you will:
- Liaise with project leads across the company, diving deep enough to understand the details of each project specifically, while adeptly prioritizing and managing a variety of projects, inbound requests, and roadmap goals.
- Maintain the master project dashboard with key project information, including status & next steps.
- Help evolve Guild’s production process: Raise flags when projects fall behind or run in blockers, highlight patterns in project work and suggest improvements to process & staff.
- Attend project meetings to ensure effective communication across all teams who need the information, and provide the flexibility to step in and manage the day-to-day operations of a project should a project lead not be available.
- Confidently influence and communicate with teams cross-functionally throughout the organization, and work collaboratively with internal and external staff including developers, designers, analysts, and partners.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a keen attention to detail, multitask and work well under pressure
- Experience working in extremely cross-collaborative environments.
- Faculty to successfully manage multiple complex, cross-functional projects at the same time.
- Curiosity to constantly ask questions and experience using analytical approaches to develop, measure and evolve processes - never settling for “good enough.”
- Ability to execute quickly with high attention to detail in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong work ethic and independence, with a high degree of motivation to learn and iterate.
- Capacity to develop strong relationships and communicate within various levels of the organization effectively while under pressure- balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy internally and externally.
- A strong project management skill set, with experience utilizing Asana, Confluence, Airtable, Jira, Smartsheet, etc.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our latest $157 million financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $100,000-$120,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth