Project Manager Senior-Technology at FIS (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Strategy and Transformation team is part of the Technology Development organization and is responsible for identifying, scoping, planning and executing transformational projects that enable continued process and operational improvement. The team supports the delivery of various sized projects that support business growth activities, drive efficiency, enhance the control environment, and implement new technologies. The team partners directly with the Technology Development Leadership Team in order to develop the organization strategy. This position will directly lead key strategic initiatives in the Technology Development Portfolio such as: Tech for Tech and Process Improvement/Re-engineering efforts, directly working with senior leadership to guide the ramp up of the initiatives and track milestones and other metrics.
What you will be doing
The Sr. Project Manager candidate will be responsible for the ongoing strategic transformation of the Technology Development group. This role will help to:
• Drive large/complex prioritized strategic initiatives in the Technology Development portfolio to completion
• Guide business choices that focus IT asset allocation (i.e. spend, resources) on specific, measurable business results and create shareholder value
• Help drive increased agility and flexibility, faster time-to-market for new products and services and improve clarity around Technology Development delivery, value creation, operating model, roles and expectations
This includes developing and implementing larger transformational projects focused on, but not limited to, technology operating model and process definition/improvement, development or enhancement of internal applications, and technology integration and/or infrastructure environment build-out. This role will be instrumental in improving and evolving IT processes and infrastructure necessary to support growth, efficiency and expansion plans.
• Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
• Performs process re-engineering exercises where appropriate
• Drive implementation and execution of technology strategies, managing large or complex Technology Development portfolio initiatives focused on operational growth and process improvements with an Agile mindset
• Track initiative financials throughout lifecycle
• Support governance improvements in Technology Development, helping to identify gaps, document governance models and rollout changes to appropriate audiences
• Utilize fact-based analysis to identify areas of operational, process, and portfolio enhancement opportunities
• Proactively benchmark, analyze, and report on Technology Development strategic transformation initiatives, ensuring execution tightly linked with measurable outcomes (KPIs, structured targets, etc.)
• Deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations
• Partner with Technology Development leadership along with product development, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams when assessing organization and developing strategies; fosters enterprise alignment strategic recommendations and collaboratively implement solutions
• Spearhead and oversee all aspects of assigned Technology Development strategic initiatives throughout project lifecycles to ensure completion within the defined scope, quality, time and cost constraints. Identifies needed resources for projects
• Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical teams internally, as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
• Manage problem resolution and risk mitigation for escalated issues, problems and risks as needed.
What you bring:
• 10+ years of experience in Information Technology, IT Operations and Software Application Development and Delivery, in an Agile environment and culture. Familiarity with SAFe preferred.
• Several years of experience managing within an IT environment; demonstrated skill in managing large complex, global projects/programs involving cross-functional teams
• Ability to conceptualize business issues and derivers, formulate hypotheses, gather results, analyze data and make appropriate recommendations for change
• Excellent analysis and problem-solving capabilities; uses innovative thinking to identify new/different solutions
• Looks beyond immediate problem for wider implications and determines best path forward
• Skilled communicator (verbal/written) who influences and negotiates with great latitude on various outcomes for an entire business/function, both internally and externally
• Effective executive presence, ability to interact effectively with executives (internal and external)
• In-depth knowledge of the financial technology and financial services industry, deep understanding of business drivers, latest industry trends and competitive landscape
• Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles (e.g., incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, DevOps, Agile/SAFe)
• Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
• Advanced skill in the use of project management tooling to manage transformational projects (e.g., audit tools, including risk, issues and action items databases)
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. PMP (Project Management Professional) certification may be required.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment offering collaboration opportunities with dedicated and motivated team
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A broad range of professional education and personal development opportunities
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.