Operations Project ManagerCompany Introduction
Sunday: Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix for Lawns.)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors and advisors, and following our recent funding raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment.
If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out the article on us in FastCompany!Job Description
The Project Manager manages all New Product Development initiatives that encompass creation of new or improvement existing physical products . They also manage all non NPD projects that impact multiple functions. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. Provide frequent updates to management regarding status of project.
The successful candidate will work directly with internal team members and outside vendors to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. They will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and identify resource gaps needed to meet project objectives.
Familiar with a variety of Project Management concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level of a fast-paced startup, directly impact the company’s trajectory, and be a key contributor to a team that’s changing an industry for the better.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or other relevant field
- 5-8 years of project management and related experience
- Background in Scrum/Agile/Kanban methodologies
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to ever changing business needs
Prior knowledge or experience in lawns and gardens is not required. We're excited and proud of our new approach to this industry, and thus are looking for talent from a wide range of backgrounds to bring fresh, new perspectives!Compensation & Perks:
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Help make critical decisions that will drive success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 99%; spouse/family 50%
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) program
- Location: Boulder, CO