Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
A Project Manager, ISP Deployment is responsible for development, planning, engineering, construction and delivery of new and overbuild long haul ILA’s in the US and Canada
A Project Manager, ISP Deployment reports directly to the Manager, Long Haul Implementation/Deployment
- Support the regional and national business development and product teams to identify, qualify and creatively solve new long haul route opportunities.
- Critically assess and qualify route requirements related to hut spacing to ensure route objectives are clearly defined and meet stakeholder requirements.
- Complete route feasibility planning to appropriately de-risk project scope, schedule and budget.
- Develop and refine project cost estimates to develop a baseline budget. Manage budgets and accurate spend forecasts throughout project execution. Proactively mitigate risks to stay within budget constraints.
- Build the project milestone-level project schedule and accurately maintain throughout the course of the project.
- Proactively identify and mitigate project risks and develop contingency plans.
- Manage complex regulatory/permitting issues such as NEPA, BLM, Tribal Lands, etc.
- Conduct construction resource planning to ensure project objectives are met.
- Develop RFPs for the engineering and construction of the shelters. Manage the RFP process and negotiate with bidders to ensure the lowest qualified awards are made. Diligently manage the contract terms throughout the life of each contract.
- Provide project-level updates
- Ensure routes are delivered on time, on budget and as per construction standards.
- Deliver project as-builts to the support teams in a timely manner to ensure route is protected and properly captured in inventory systems.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the OSP teams within the regions to ensure alignment between long haul projects and local objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering or other related technical field, or equivalent work experience. Business degree/acumen a plus.
- ISP construction management experience, preferably with specific long haul construction experience.
- Relevant experience managing engineering, planning and operations teams for wireline or wireless carriers.
- Proven ability to manage large, complex technical projects and associated budgets.
- Experience with complex permitting situations including NEPA, Section 106, Tribal, etc.
- Understanding of drawings for compliance with jurisdictional, regulatory and landlord requirements
- Experience with site selection and acquisition. Coordination with landowners during lease negotiation process.
- Experience with land acquisition documents, including land lease, purchase, and easement agreements. Ability to ensure completion of leasing packages and other documentation as required.
- Provide candidate-specific recommendations for leasing and land use viability
- Understands title reports for ownership, encumbrances, easements, etc, and provide recommendation for mitigation, as needed
- Working knowledge of construction standards, fiber specifications and optical network design principles.
- Experience with customer space and power order installs and closeouts
- Demonstrated exceptional problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate technical topics clearly and effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage and effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
Base salary range: $68,696-$74,856
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time