Project Manager III - PM Processes, Tools, and Training at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Project Manager III – PM Processes, Tools, and Training
The Program Support Office is seeking a senior level Project Manager to lead a team to help support in the development and training of Program Managers across Ball Aerospace. Main responsibilities include oversight of developing and delivering processes, tools, capabilities, and training to the Strategic Business Units (SBU) for improving program management performance.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as a liaison between the Program Support Office and the Strategic Business Units (SBUs) or support others in performing this role.
- Interface with SBU Managers, Program Managers, and Engineers to understand process, tool, and training needs and priorities.
- Identify synergies to drive efficiency and effectiveness across programs, people, and organizations. Willing and able to identify and implement process and organizational improvements or support others in performing this role.
- Provide leadership, initiative, and organizational problem-solving skills to focus and finish team tasks.
- Work with cross-functional organizations and teams to implement the necessary process improvements and training needs.
- Communicate status across stakeholders and drive actions to closure.
- Support the planning, execution, monitoring, documentation, and communication in all aspects of Program Management related process and tool training.
- Develop and instruct Program Management training courses.
- Participate and facilitate stakeholder meetings, working groups, and team engagements or support others in doing so.
- Support the development, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of business processes, templates, and forms associated with the Program Management Process Area.
- Ensure consistency and compliance of program management processes and tools across the SBUs.
- Support the development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of program management software applications, i.e. Change Management tools, Risk & Opportunity Management tools, and Program Status Tools.
- Support AS9100 and NASA audits of Program Management processes.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field, plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong project management skills (government background preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of SharePoint and application of its capabilities.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments with strong collaboration skills.
- Willing and able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Effective in working with people at all levels and ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with generating and facilitating business process and skill development training classes is preferred.
- Detail oriented, highly motivated, and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Knowledge/experience working on a program or proposal is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Excel VBA preferred.
- Knowledge of AS9100 quality standard is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.