Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Project Manager II
Security and Mission Assurance (SMA) Project Manager to aid the Strategic Support Unit (SSU) in growing in diverse functions of Information Assurance team interfacing with other SSU (ITS and Engineering), New Business Support.
The Project Manager role will need to communicate effectively with stakeholders across the Enterprise.
What You’ll Do:
- In a classified environment, work with the Security Information Assurance group, the Information Technology and Engineering SSU’s to proactively plan network changes, hardware and software requirements to bring hardware and software into a classified environment.
- Once the hardware and software are in the classified environment, identify present state, life cycle updates, coordinate when updates are performed in conjunction with Flight Program schedules.
- Identify present state of Security and Mission Assurance New Business function, determine effective End-State goals, and work with various groups to achieve a smooth functioning process for both Security and Mission Assurance.
- Manage stakeholder expectations.
- Other projects as assigned upon completion of the above.
- Clearly communicate the strategic vision and implementation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 6 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Experience with disparate tool sets and how to integrate them.
- An understanding of all aspects of planning, scheduling, risk management, and team leadership.
- Effective in small teamwork environment with broad responsibilities and minimal oversight.
- Customer Relationships: Knowledge of missions and customers across core technologies areas.
- Superb presentation skills with experience presenting to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.