Project Manager II at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
5 - 10%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage medium to large projects (approximately 3,000 to 10,000 project hours with a team of 25 to 50 team members, an internal cost of $300,000 to $1,000,000, and project duration of 4 to 12 months of medium risk and complexity).
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of technical and business projects from initiation through delivery.
- Manage project initiation activities including identifying client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts, access to existing information as needed, and any contractual obligations (if applicable).
- Ensure requirements for internal technology and business projects align to operational standards. Develop alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
- Ensure clear communications around goals, vision and required timelines, as well as smooth stakeholder management.
- Facilitate related stakeholder forums, workshops and working groups with clear agendas, meeting minutes, action items, issue logs, risks, etc.
- Develop, define and execute project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Interact with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.
- Identify needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
- Coordinate activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Assign and monitor work of project team providing technical and analytical support and direction. Interfaces with external clients or field-based employees on technical matters as needed.
- Manage project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
- May include customizing base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other FIS or third-party products or consulting projects and engagements.
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
- Conduct project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
- May directly oversee employees assigned to manage specific project that have a distinct beginning and end. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Identify project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
- May work at client sites from time to time requiring some travel
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Typically requires 5 or more years work experience managing technical and business projects in financial services or a related industry or a related technical field, (e.g., application development, technology integration, business analysis, client technology consulting)
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of the industry project management best practices, i.e. Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles (e.g. conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and the correct project application).
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry (e.g. ISO, CMM, Six Sigma).
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of company’s products and services
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, SLIM Estimate, Metrics and Control, PlanView, Platinum Process Continuum
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
Added Bonus If You Have
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification
What We Offer You
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.