Project Manager II-Technology at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing
As the Technology Project Manager, you will be responsible for acting as a coordinator for the organization’s projects. These projects may be focused on development of new or upgraded products and services, internal information system-specific projects, technology integration and/or infrastructure environment build-out. You will focus on delivery of new or enhanced products to improve customer satisfaction through use of technology.
- Planning - Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.
- Collaboration - Interacts with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams to achieve project goals
- Analysis - Coordinate, gather and consolidate forecast information
- Review and analyze consolidated forecast to ensure complete allocation across all resources in the department
- Work with management to resolve any allocation issues
- Allocation - Confirm the headcount in the P&L from finance matches actual headcount – communicate any headcount changes prior to month end to finance
- Communicate any upcoming discretionary expenses to finance to ensure these are in the P&L
- Reporting - Generate reports for management that consolidate actual dollars, forecasted dollars, and budget for IDSW and Conversion Cap projects
- Oversight - Ensure required documents are completed and uploaded to data repository on a weekly basis
What you bring:
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience in Project Management and Financial Services
- Knowledge and understanding of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build relationships and network
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and excellent bonus potential (upon entering a full sales executive role)
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect with varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- A fantastic range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover and travel insurance
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.