Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Project Manager II – Mission Assurance
Oversee and coordinate operational aspects of Mission Assurance projects that may be part of a larger program or portfolio of programs. Direct relationship with Mission Assurance Managers to support program execution. Mission Assurance Managers (MAM) provide the required independent oversight and program execution leadership for all Mission Assurance and Specialty Engineering aspects of system design, build, integration, testing, and mission operations of an Aerospace Program. Support to technical reviews, anomaly resolution, risk management and Quality of Space and Military Systems product for a range of customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Prime responsibility is to oversee and coordinate projects to effectively implement Mission Assurance requirements on proposals and programs. This may be inclusive of requirements in the engineering disciplines of reliability, availability, maintainability, component engineering, quality assurance, software assurance, system safety, information assurance, cybersecurity, supply chain risk management, and logistics support.
- Support and coordinate the development cost estimates for new business proposals.
- Develop, use, and maintain tools to monitor progress of tasks from program schedule.
- Be responsible for compilation of data and archive of artifacts associated with Mission Assurance-related CDRLs or SDRLs per the SOW and contract on assigned programs.
- Support and coordinate the evaluating and resolving project issues. Execute risk mitigation plans, including those that result from failures and deviations.
- Coordinate the gathering information, organizing, logistics coordination for customer surveys, assessments, and audits.
- Support Proposal/Program Managers by executing proposal work to Mission Assurance functional disciplines as appropriate and working with management to coordinate Mission Assurance resources for awarded programs.
- Provide effective Mission Assurance discipline coordination and team monitoring. Takes an adaptive approach to execution necessitated by the different stages of product development.
- Formally present information and communicate effectively with Sector Leads, Program Management, and other program team leads.
- Excellent independent task management skills and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Develop and maintain metrics to measure levels of task activity progress and product quality.
- Foster trusted advisor relationships with Mission Assurance Mangers, department Leads, Program Management, other program team leads, and on-site customers, as required. Thrive in collaborative, cross-functional teams with ability to fluently converse about each other’s domain of expertise.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 6 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- US DoD Secret or Top-Secret security clearance preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, strong written, communication, oral presentations skills, and ability to lead group discussions.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.