Project Manager I - ISC TTA at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Project Manager I - ISC TTA
The Tool and Process team members manage the requirements for tool and process changes within Integrated Supply Chain. The team member will ensure a strong link within and between the various supply chain functions, including planning, buying, quality, inventory, and compliance. The individual will drive improvement and streamlining of processes using knowledge of the existing systems and integrating subject matter experts (SME’s) as necessary.
The individual will identify gaps and potential solutions that improve efficiencies, eliminate waste, and reduce cycle-time. The individual will provide general support to overall Integrated Supply Chain Management and the Tools, Technology and Analytics Team Leader.
What You’ll Do:
- Document current tools including, but not limited to purpose, business owner, SME’s, ITS owner.
- Document current metrics including, but not limited to purpose, business owner, SME’s, data captured, methods of communication, methods of version control.
- Document metrics requirements, execute changes/upgrades/expansion to metrics to include data visualization, provide methods to monitor for improvement to Integrated Supply Chain.
- Collaborate with Integrated Supply Chain to identify gaps in current tools and analytics.
- Create requirements documentation to be shared with process and/or tool owners for changes to existing system.
- Execute and monitor requests to change, upgrade, or expand tools within ITS.
- Prioritize and provide proactive customer solutions to improve SC efficiencies.
- Integrate analytics to provide intelligence to users to prioritize workload and improve effectiveness.
- Communicate change status across Integrated Supply Chain on a regular basis.
- Plan, coordinate, monitor, and control the project team.
- Create and manage dashboard reporting in the approved tools/technologies.
- Develop, use, and maintain tools to monitor project progress.
- Responsible for all projects assigned to organizational unit. Act as an advisor to subordinate supervisors or staff members to meet schedules or resolve technical or operational problems. Develop and administers schedules and performance standards.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and MS Project).
- Experience with IFS, Denodo, and Power Business Intelligence.
- Experience with SQL queries preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.