Project Manager I, FIS University Program at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
Join the 2022 FIS University Program!
As a 2022 FIS University Program full-time employee, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success; including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
This two-year full-time program has start dates in January, March, June and September with a dedicated "Learning Week" where you will;
- Learn how to work within a corporate environment
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organization
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of your peers from across the organization
This position starts on September 27th, 2021.
About The Team
FIS Decision Solutions (Chex Systems, Inc.) is a wholly owned subsidiary of FIS and a nationwide specialty consumer reporting agency under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). FIS Decision Solutions is a highly motivated and fast paced team responsible for providing financial institutions data driven products that assist in mitigating fraud losses, authenticating identity, and assisting with compliance.
What You Will Be Doing
- You will accept ownership for all aspects of assigned projects. Projects may be focused on Marketing, Sales, Finance/Accounting, Legal, Business Planning, Operations, or other non-technical subjects.
- You will assist in planning and coordinate all aspects of non-technical projects from initiation through delivery.
- You will develop, define, and execute project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets, and deliverables.
- You will identify needed leveraged resources for projects.
- You will serve as liaison between internal organizations, as well as, in client and vendor organizations.
- You will prepare internal and external materials; letters, PowerPoint presentations, and senior reporting to deliver decision seeking presentations to business groups in FIS.
- Identify project management coordination gaps or areas for improvement and recommends and implements solutions
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree from job discipline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Added Bonus If You Have
- CAPM / PMP Knowledge (PMBOK) or Certification a Plus.
- Excel skills a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Miro, Workboard, Rally, Jira
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- FIS will pay off participants' principal student loan balance over 10 years of service. Eligibility starts after one year of tenure in the program for US participants
*Current and future sponsorship not available for this position*
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.