Project Manager I - Facilities Capital Portfolio Administrator at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Project Manager I – Facilities Capital Portfolio Administrator
Go Beyond® with Ball Aerospace Facilities Department! The Facilities team is comprised of over 70 dedicated Facilities professionals, supporting Ball Aerospace’s two million square feet of real estate over 39 properties in Colorado. This established team of Facilities professionals is committed to service and support, continuous improvement, and creating and maintaining Facilities that enable world class engineers and technicians to create a better, safer and more informed and productive world.
The Project Manager will have oversight of the Facilities capital budget portfolio. In this role, you will have responsibility for portfolio development; financial planning, analysis, and reporting; capital cost tracking, capital baseline and cost-incurred reconciliation; capital project close-out; and long-term strategic capital planning. The Project Manager will report directly to the Director of Facilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the Facilities capital project portfolio consisting of all aspects of cost management including reporting, analyzing, reconciling, and analytic metrics related to the performance management of capital projects ($5K - $200M).
- Develop and communicate policies and procedures related to the management of Facilities department capital.
- Be the “source of truth” for Earned Value (EVA) and other critical metrics related to department capital projects and the portfolio.
- Create and maintain Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), a WBS dictionary and related charging.
- Provide charging guidance to Project Services personnel on capital versus expense costs; mentor junior-level administrators/analysts assigned to projects.
- Develop asset write-off and depreciation forecasts for budgeting purposes and report on actual write-off and depreciation charges to Ball Finance Planning & Analysis representatives.
- Perform capital management to ensure that capital expenditures are vouchered to the correct organization and account.
- Demonstrate ownership over all capital financial aspects of the Facilities capital portfolio.
- Assist Project Services personnel with budget and funding profile development.
- Communicate on capital timing related to project openings and close-outs.
- Communicate variances and methods to reconcile with project managers and Ball Finance Planning & Analysis organization.
- Prepare Facilities departmental projects capital financial risk assessment and analysis on a monthly basis including report and metrics generation.
- Assist with project cost baselines and metrics for project reviews.
- Prepare lessons learned documentation, assessment, and implementation; and communicate process improvement ideas and initiatives related to capital management to project services and finance department.
- Work with project managers to provide vouchered and cashflow capital spend forecasting.
- Work with project control analysts and Project Services on closeout documentation for capital projects including final capital cost, asset categorization and project close-out.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as required.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years relevant experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or PH.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; specifically, Excel and the ability to create and manipulate Pivot tables.
- Experience with financial database tools, such as Costpoint, IFS, Business Objects.
- Strong business acumen and overall sense for how capital impacts the broader financial picture.
- Experience with building capital accounting practices.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with strong presentation skills and a demonstrated ability to lead group discussions.
- Demonstrated experience working with people at all levels and with outside contacts or customers.
- Experience providing leadership and guidance to department activities and less experienced people.
- Experience as an Office Engineer in the Construction industry, highly preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- This is a part-time position.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations is required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $73,500 - $99,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.