Project Manager I - AMC Manufacturing Shops at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 should it be reinstated.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Project Manager I – AMC Manufacturing Shops
At the Ball Aerospace Manufacturing Center (AMC) in Westminster, CO, we develop and manufacture state of the art tactical technologies including stealth antennas, electronic warfare platforms, electro-optical laser imaging, and phased arrays. Technological developments are driving rapid expansion of our manufacturing capabilities to support growing customer demands. If you’d like to join our growing manufacturing operations team in a mission to help the warfighter, this could be an ideal role for you!
The manufacturing shops team encompasses the people and equipment for executing centralized manufacturing processes including adhesive cutting, composites bonding, environmental stress screening, painting, fabrication of printed circuits, machining, and metal finishing. Raw material inputs for these processes range from everyday materials, specialty adhesives, chemicals, metal stock, and aerospace coatings. This role will be responsible for improving the flow of materials and their associated information. Included in project scope is improvement of inventory accounting, raw stock procurement, and implementing of Kanban systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with planners, engineers, technician, and supply chain disciplines to improve the flow of raw materials.
- Oversee and coordinate all operational aspects of assigned projects.
- Plan, monitor, and control project scope.
- Evaluate and resolve project issues to meet defined goals and objectives.
- May review engineering drawings for identification of parts, materials, and tooling needs.
- Anticipate material shortages or delays to manage the current state while planning future projects to eliminate waste.
- Perform planning tasks such as management and maintenance of limited life materials.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA degree in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A creative approach to problem solving and an appetite for experimentation.
- A problem-solving endurance that persists in the wake of initial setbacks.
- Experience aligning and influencing fellow employees.
- A strong focus on the horizontal flow of value across several supporting organizations.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading projects and/or teams.
- Lean Six Sigma Certificate or a commitment to earn within 1 year.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or a commitment to earn within 2 years.
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $73,500 - $99,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.