Project Manager - Global Beverage at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for execution of various projects against standards, processes, tools set by the Enterprise. PM will work with the regional leadership team, Global Beverage PMO, finance, GPOs and IT to provide actionable recommendations regarding project execution, value realization, deliverables, process mapping, fit/gap assessment and resource capacity. PM will also be responsible for reporting project portfolio status and attributes for strategic projects (GMO) and SG&A projects (PMO ) for Ball Corporation.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Works within Region functional leaders, finance, Global Beverage, GPOs and IT to build out and manage the project timeline, funding, resources and deliverables
- Ensures project aligns and is executed within defined funding (Operational and Capital)
- Maintains the project status, project plan, milestones, meetings, meeting minutes, risks/issues and general project reporting
- Tracks, manages and communicates project value realization
- Adopts the Project Portfolio Management (PPM) standards, process, tools and templates created by the Enterprise PMO
- Aligns with external resources/consultants on PM standards to be followed
- Facilitate steering committee meetings to drive prioritization, standardization and guide project trade-offs
- Develop and maintain processes and reports that support the ability for steer co to manage the project
- Engage with and conduct weekly (or at other intervals as specified) project intake reviews with PMO network leadership, shared services partners such as IT & Global Business Services; and other relevant stakeholder teams to validate and assess the project portfolio, execute change, and reprioritize to meet business needs and/or mitigate constraints as required.
- Report project portfolio status and attributes at an enterprise wide level for leadership teams.
Other Related Duties:
- Where required, negotiates with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determines and assesses need for additional staff and/or consultants and makes the appropriate recruitments if necessary during program cycle.
- Sets and continually manages program expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Develops and meets business case goals for program area.
- Identifies and manages program dependencies and critical path.
- Accountable for controlling adherence to the corporate information technology standards, security, and confidentiality.
- Works closely with the director of software and solutions delivery, enterprise architecture, the program management office to ensure adherence to policies and standards.
- Tracks program milestones and deliverables.
- Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Establishes risk mitigation plans.
- Defines program success criteria and disseminates them to involved parties throughout program life cycle.
- Coaches, mentors, motivates, and supervises project team members and contractors, and influences them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Builds, develops, and grows any business relationships vital to the success of the program.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education, General Education Development (GED), or through equivalent work experience
- Job related experience:
- 5+ years of direct work in a program/project management capacity
- Certifications/Licenses/Other a plus: Project Management Certification.
- Industry experience in supply chain, manufacturing, finance, commercial or HR preferred
- Expertise in business case definition/ROI/metrics and program performance evaluation. Must have experience with vendor evaluation and selection processes
- Possesses sufficient organizational power/influence to commit resources, reach across organization, and reinforce change
- Experience in developing and deploying project best practices, policies, procedures and processes, and continuing to drive operational improvements
- Experience in creating financial business cases and capital requests
- Experience in executing large, global projects / programs
- Strong experience in business transformation work, finance and process mapping
- Strong experience with PMO/Project Portfolio reporting
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- system and business principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures
- generally accepted managerial practices and procedures
- project management, risk management, security, cost management, implementation and start-up of new business processes and computerized systems
• Strong familiarity with project & portfolio management software tools is a plus
- Familiar with continuous improvement processes such as lean, Six Sigma, COBIT, ITIL, CMMi
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 98,500- 150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans