Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Lead and manage strategic, complex, and cross-functional global innovation projects contributing to Ball’s Global Beverage Innovation strategy. Lead, facilitate and counsel various cross-functional internal and external stakeholders with clear communication, follow up, and critical/recovery path project management principles.
What will you be responsible for?
- Leading multiple strategic and innovation projects from inception and analysis to operational implementation.
- Work with cross functional project teams to write AFE’s with detailed scopes, accurate cost estimates, and clear, thorough communication of the project goals and justification.
- Aligns with external resources/consultants on PM and reporting standards to be followed; Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders; Coaches, mentors, motivates, and supervises project team members, suppliers, and contractors, and influences them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Facilitates and makes complex decisions and recommendations under limited direction and uses a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Maintains the project status, project plan, timeline, milestones, meetings, meeting minutes, risks/issues and general project reporting
- Provides executive updates and facilitates steering committee meetings to drive prioritization, standardization and guide project trade-offs
- Works within Regional/Global functional leaders, finance, Global Beverage, sourcing, engineering, and IT to build out and manage the project timeline, funding, resources and deliverables
- Keeps project cost control updated by continuously reforecasting to ensures project aligns and is executed within defined funding (Operational and Capital)
- Ensures all personnel involved in a project, to include but limited to project team, plant personnel and contractors are aware of and adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
Other related duties:
- Where required, negotiates with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determines and assesses need for additional staff and/or consultants and makes the appropriate recruitments if necessary during program cycle.
- Sets and continually manages program expectations with team members and other stakeholders including critical path analysis and recovery plan implementations as needed.
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identifies and manages program dependencies and critical path.
- Works with IT partners to assure adherence to the corporate information technology standards, security, and confidentiality.
- Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations including progress toward milestones and deliverables.
- Optimize risk mitigation opportunities with ahead of time planning where possible in place of just in time methodologies to manage critical path timeline
- Defines program success criteria and disseminates them to involved parties throughout program life cycle.
- Builds, develops, and grows any business relationships vital to the success of the program.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college and/or equivalent work related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree: Engineering, Business, Supply Chain education or work-related experience
- Job related experience – 6 + years technical/industrial project management
- Manufacturing Project Management Experience
- Project Management Certification a plus
- Experience with vendor evaluation and selection processes
- Enjoys fast paced environment
- Capable of making critical decisions under pressure
- Culture champion, relates openly and works well with diverse groups
- Strong ability to multitask and troubleshoot in a non-linear manner
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong ability to overcome roadblocks by enabling others with clear communication, troubleshooting, and supporting others where needed
- Experience in executing large, global projects / programs
- Strong experience with Project Management practices and Portfolio reporting
Knowledge of inner-workings of heavy equipment, understanding of metal forming concepts/principals, experience in analysis of technical concepts
- Strong familiarity with project & portfolio management software tools is a plus
- Familiarity with continuous improvement processes such as lean, Six Sigma, statistical principles is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 98,500 - 150,500 Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans