ABOUT THE TEAM:
Our Customer Success Mission
To empower all customers to achieve their business goals through learning so that Udemy is an indispensable resource, and to become a partner our customers adore. We will serve as strategic advisors and provide trusted support. We will be the voice of the customer internally and will foster strong cross functional partnerships. Our customers’ success will be the engine that drives Udemy’s success.
Attributes we hire for:
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a talented Project Manager that is driven by delighting customers, and the satisfaction of delivering against tight deadlines. This is a role which requires coordinating internal and client resources to deliver on time, on budget, to spec. It’s a dual role that will support customer implementations, while focusing on improving internal processes and capabilities so we can continue to deliver world class service to our customers.
Responsibilities include overseeing and directly managing a portfolio of special projects for clients accounts, focusing on technology integrations between Udemy and clients’ tech stacks. This is primarily a non-technical role, though you will need to have a basic understanding of integration technologies, and experience in aligning client and internal resources. This role is subject to evolve and change as the company grows.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Enterprise Customer Success, you’re also a strong customer first advocate. You love finding innovative solutions to meet customer needs, and aligning internal and customer resources to deliver against objectives.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Manage time-bound and/or continuous programs including project scoping, schedule, risk mitigation, issue management and resource planning
- Balance the delivery of large, high impact, highly cross-functional initiatives and a set of smaller projects
- Partner internally with Customer Success, Sales, Content, Product, Engineering and Marketing to create coordinated project plans and align these plans with customer expectations
- Align with Customer Project Managers for joint risk management and reporting against progress as necessary
- Communicate clearly and effectively to Udemy and client management on the plans, status, and critical issues. Escalate urgent issues appropriately and drive them to closure in a timely manner, working closely with client PM resources as needed
- Provide feedback to continuously improve internal delivery and organization, i.e. how we organize to meet client objectives.
- Establish and drive adoption of project/program frameworks, tools and best practices. Share your program management knowledge with the leadership teams. Lead post-delivery analysis to guide future programs
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience as a project manager for a SaaS company focused on delivery of customer solutions
- A disciplined and organized mindset that enables you to multi-task across as many as 10-15 projects at a time
- The ability to keep others on task through influence, not direct control, and to separate out the critical from the not-so-critical
- A focus on results and outcomes, not just process. You have experience establishing processes that are appropriate, but don’t view process as a cure-all for delivery issues. You proactively address program obstacles, and have the willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends that lead to successful product delivery
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience at the large enterprise level, where organizational complexity can introduce risk
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced, ambiguous environments
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description