Project Manager - Business Operations/Research & Strategy
Project Manager – Research and Strategy Division
a summary of what you will do…
Responsible for facilitating and leading cross-divisional strategic project teams. The Project Manager is responsible for managing the successful implementation of strategic projects, understanding strategic alignment, customers’ business processes and advising customers of changes to improve those processes to fulfill their business needs. This position works with all Divisions, develops project timelines for implementation, and partners with external third-parties in coordinating implementations to achieve desired outcomes. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the assigned projects meet the business need by establishing scope documents, budget estimates, timelines, and business value. This position reports directly to the Director of the Research and Strategy.
- Ensures project alignment to CHFA strategic plan, business value, high-level budget, scope, and timeline/roadmaps
- Work closely with business units in process analysis to review and analyze an end-to-end process, understand abstract business concepts and processes, and be able to map “as-is” and “to-be” business processes to meet the business goals
- Manage cross-functional teams through project tasks, team dynamics and problem-solving activities
- Communicate project status and timelines to many different audiences, including senior management and major business stakeholders
- Provide sound and cogent advice based upon research and analysis of complex policy and business process areas
- Research available options to various business problems and needs and write recommendation reports on the recommended approach to solving the need. Generate Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Information (RFI), and project proposals as needed
- Provide change management for projects that implement institutional changes within the business. This can include coordinating the change to existing policies and procedures, working with outside partners to become prepared to use any new systems, and working with internal employees as necessary
- Ensure that documentation is completed according to CHFA standards and that staff is adequately adopting the new or changed process
- Work well in an agile iterative methodology including facilitating planning and retrospective sessions as well as participating in daily stand-ups
- Manage vendors to deliver desired services as part of the project deliverable. Ensure vendor relationship is properly turned over to the business unit upon completion of project
- These needs may expand to other areas as the need arises
what you will need, to be successful…knowledge, skills and ability
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Skilled at eliciting process details from business experts
- Skilled at analyzing and mapping complex business processes
- Strong skills and knowledge of project management methodologies and facilitation techniques
- Knowledge of design thinking concepts
- Ability to motivate and manage project teams to work together in the most efficient manner
- Experienced in agile, iterative project techniques including Scrum
- Analytical problem-solving abilities
- Ability to communicate and collaborate, both orally and in writing, in a positive, diplomatic and friendly manner
- Ability to effectively use MS SharePoint portals, MS Project, MS Word, MS Visio and Microsoft Windows operating system
- Financial Industry experience in commercial banking, mortgage banking, or similar
- Ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse ethnic, racial and cultural backgrounds essential
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or another related field (or equivalent work experience)
- At least 5 years experience as a Project Manager leading cross-functional, complex projects
- Certifications in Project management / Agile Management / Six Sigma are a plus
- Experience using SharePoint portals to manage projects (documents, tasks, schedules) is ideal
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years hands-on experience with MS Office Suite, including MS Visio, MS Project, Outlook and Microsoft operating system
- Knowledge of the housing authority business, non-profit structure and/or experience in the mortgage/public finance arena would be helpful
CHFA finances the places where people live and work throughout Colorado. We are known for our commitment to providing innovative financing solutions to create and preserve both affordable housing and growth opportunities for small businesses. We are a mission-driven enterprise focused on fulfilling the needs of our diverse customer base to aid in their success. We value our customers and partners. We are their trusted resource delighting them with our outstanding service, creative solutions, and relevant products. We are a responsible and balanced advocate of affordable housing and small business issues for the Colorado community. Our employees are essential to our success. We’ve built our enterprise on integrity, expertise, fiscal responsibility and dedication to our mission.
Culture is at the heart of our success. At CHFA, we champion individual development and community awareness. We support a healthy work-life balance, have programs to help you utilize and grow your talents, and give eight hours of community involvement leave per year.
CHFA’s benefit and compensation package demonstrates our commitment to our employees’ well-being and is designed to take care of the whole you.
A sampling of our benefits:
- Parking/Transportation Reimbursement Benefit
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, with very low rates
- Generous Paid Time Off, including paid volunteer time, and generous leave programs (such as Paid Family Leave, STD, etc.)
- PERA Retirement Plan Match (5%)
- Paid Life Insurance, and optional supplemental life
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible culture
- Professional and Personal Development (40 hours per year minimum goal)
- Tuition Reimbursement benefits for continuing education
- Numerous Programs: Wellness, Volunteer, Employee Loans, Referrals, etc.
- On-site state-of-the-art fitness center, group class studio (for yoga, Zumba, and a suite of online on-demand fitness classes)
- State-of-the-art workspace, with standing/sitting desks, collaboration space, focus pods, kitchens, etc.
- See our careers web page for more! www.chfainfo.com/careers
With respect to its programs, services, activities, and employment practices, Colorado Housing and Finance Authority assesses qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected status. Requests for reasonable accommodation, or any complaints alleging violation of this nondiscrimination policy should be directed to the nondiscrimination coordinator, 1.800.877.2432, CHFA 1981 Blake street, Denver co 80202, available weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.