Project Manager Associate - Material Quality Assurance at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Project Manager Associate – Material Quality Assurance
The Material Quality Assurance (MQA) team is a critical piece of the Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) value stream, where we ensure that supplier parts meet all requirements and where we reduce risk to our programs. The Project Manager Associate is a new position within MQA, as we work to strengthen our continuous improvement loop. This position will have a direct impact on the entire team and will help shape the future of the organization. This position will directly report to the MQA Manager.
You will identify gaps and potential solutions that improve efficiencies, eliminate waste, and reduce cycle-time. You will lead key MQA projects, from initiation to closure, and provide general project support to the ISC MQA management team. You will also work with other team members to ensure a strong link within and between the various supply chain functions, including planning, buying, quality engineering, inventory, and compliance.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee and coordinate all operational aspects of assigned MQA projects. As projects may be part of a larger collaboration, synchronization of the projects with the overall organization will be essential.
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, document, and communicate all aspects of the project. Most of the projects will be concentrated around improving cost and schedule in the quality inspection arena, and will span across multiple organizations.
- Prepare and communicate status reports and project schedules.
- Plan and conducts regular project meetings.
- Provide assistance to the MQA leadership team on projects that are already ongoing. Use your knowledge to bring in project management best practices to those projects.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and MS Project).
- Work can be performed in an office or a remote environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $54,000 - $73,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.