Project Manager – Access & Optimization
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This position is primarily accountable for all aspects of optimization of the existing base of access / type II circuits. Candidate must have excellent knowledge of type II ordering with external vendors, vendor pricing platforms, and electronic & manual order entry through vendor portals and interfaces. Must have in depth understanding of telecommunications service life cycle and data correlation from order through design to billing. Candidate must have excellent working knowledge of M6, Salesforce, and TEOCO.
- Identify network related expenses that can be reduced or eliminated.
- Access planning including complete project management of circuit grooming projects.
- Responsible for forecasting and reporting against financial targets and project goals.
- Work with customer-related contacts to coordinate projects and see them through to completion while maintaining a positive customer relationship.
- Work with and project manage internal groups including ISP, OSP, Engineering, Accounts Payable, NCC, Grooms Technicians, Site Tech’s, and Service Delivery Coordinators pushing project through to completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering or Business Administration other related financial or technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience working on complex, innovative projects /networks.
- Expert knowledge of Type II / Off-net ordering systems and processes with multiple vendors including CLEC’s & ILEC’s.
- Experience in access planning, capacity planning, circuit design, and billing reconciliation.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Experience in vendor billing reconciliation and dispute identification.
- Experience in cost/benefit analysis, and ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Knowledge of SONET, DS3/DS1, Layer 2 and Layer 3 networks, Wavelength, IP, & Ethernet, Live Media networks and products.
- Demonstrated investigational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent analytical judgment and decision making skills with the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively.
- High energy individual with strong work ethic.
- Must be a self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.