Program Operations Manager at Guild Education
This may be a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 25 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, SC, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring a Program Operations Manager on the Learning Marketplace Operations team to play a central role in Guild’s mission to unlock opportunity for America’s workforce by scaling and optimizing learning programs. In this position, you will play a critical cross-functional role on the Learning Marketplace Operations team to ensure Guild’s programs are efficient and deliver high quality outcomes to our students and employers.
You’ll be great in this role if you are a detailed project manager, have a knack for analysis, and want to solve fun and challenging problems.
As a Program Operations Manager you will:
- Analyze outcomes and current processes to identify opportunities for academic program improvement.
- Plan and prioritize solutions ranging from process building to large-scale programmatic changes.
- Manage projects to improve and optimize ongoing academic partner and program operations post-launch, with a focus on internal efficiency, scalability, and student experience.
- Establish yourself as a go-to person for operational management of academic partners and programs, including deep knowledge of cross-functional operations and dependencies to coordinate internal and external operations.
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional and accountable relationships with Learning Marketplace teams, Student Experience, Marketplace Enablement, Product, Employer Partnerships, and more.
- Document current internal process and student journey, utilizing data analysis, program feedback from internal and external stakeholders, and industry learnings to understand program pain points (ex: operational inefficiencies/gaps, poor student experience).
- Create and use playbooks that use repetitive and scalable processes to implement cross-functional program operations
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years of total experience in program management, operations, project management, or similar
- Fluency in project management and design tools like Asana, Lucidchart, Miro, Confluence, etc.
- Strong program development and project management skills.
- The curiosity to constantly ask questions and experience using analytical approaches to develop, measure and evolve processes - never settling for “good enough.”
- Ability to execute quickly with high attention to detail to critical operations, processes, and dependencies in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong work ethic and independence, with a high degree of motivation to learn and iterate.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to develop strong trust-based partnerships - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy at senior levels.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills with the ability to synthesize information and deliver strong story-telling.
- Experience engaging cross-functionally with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- (bonus) Experience in B2B style partnerships, preferably at an organization where high-touch, long-term relationships were essential to the business’ success.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $85,000-$103,750, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth