The Granicus Experience Group (GXG) is our in-house digital agency, a cross-functional team of strategists, analysts, communicators and Granicus technology experts. We leverage best-in-class human-centered practices and a design-thinking approach to help our nonpartisan federal, state and local government clients better connect with the people they serve. We discover better insights, build better experiences, and achieve better outcomes.
GXG takes a consultative, collaborative approach to helping our clients maximize the value they get out of the Granicus platform and develop strategic, human-centered experiences that inform, educate and compel people to take action.
The opportunities to make a difference while working on digital-first initiatives for the public sector are limitless. Your role will require you to create new ideas, work directly with our government clients to flesh out these ideas, and help bring these ideas to reality. Our projects are typically long-term engagements completed in collaboration with Granicus and client professionals.
Our growing team of digital thinkers and creators drive excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of programmatic campaigns and content. Strong candidates will have a proven track record of delivering programmatic digital campaigns for clients, preferably for government. Candidates will have experience developing content for multichannel campaigns and/or websites, analyzing data to inform decisions, and leading large-scale or program-level projects for clients.
Strong candidates will be storytellers, regardless of platform, able to turn strategies and goals into compelling content and campaigns for a wide variety of audiences. Candidates must have a desire to be part of a data-driven, client-focused, fast-paced team that loves the mission of improving the citizen experience and providing world-class service to government clients. Our program managers collaborate closely with our strategy and data teams to assess the effectiveness of our plans over time.
Projects range from assessing the effectiveness of a rural county's digital communications initiative, to driving awareness-to-action of a state-wide social services initiative, to growing a large federal agency's digital audience in a short timeframe, to managing the largest online community to advance national preparedness and resilience. The position reports to the Director of the Granicus Experience Group based in D.C.
What You'll Do:
• Serve as team lead for complex and comprehensive multichannel digital programs for public sector clients. Lead and execute across Granicus' evolving suite of digital products, with a heavy focus on delivery across email, social media, SMS, and websites.
• Partners with senior digital strategists, marketing analysts and platform strategists to launch and manage multichannel programs focused on audience capture, engagement and nurturing.
• Lead development of plans, copy, and content for clients' various email, SMS, social media and web-based campaigns, with an eye toward acquisition of new audiences and creating pathways for engagement
• Work closely with our team of digital strategists to translate strategy into action through written content, formatting ideas, or A/B testing for email and SMS, or writing posts, developing creative content, brand monitoring, and follower/community management on social media
• Provide expertise as a trusted adviser to clients, coordinate with them to ensure editorial accuracy and standards of quality are met. Closely collaborate with internal team members and contractors.
• Direct internal campaign and design teams, as well as freelance contractors, to create multimedia content for social media platforms, including videos, graphics, and audiograms
• Act as a primary client feedback conduit to the Granicus Experience Group Director and maintain proactive approaches to executing client initiatives, anticipating client needs and keenly guiding decisions based on data and best practices.
• Continuously demonstrate a polished, professional relationship with colleagues and clients by being organized, prepared and proactive. Have an authentic and polished presence at all times.
• Support and consult Federal/State/Local Sales and Client Success Consultant teams in endeavors to pursue Granicus Experience Group opportunities, including through content creation for proposals and pitches.
• Occasionally represent the Granicus Experience Group in speaking roles, panel participation, webinars, workshops and client outreach, as well as attend and participate in industry conferences and workshops throughout the U.S. as needed.
• Become an expert on Granicus products and future product development by keeping abreast of new and upcoming enhancements to our platform.
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Who You Are:
• 8+ years of consulting or digital program management, preferably in a digital/social media company serving government or at a government agency.
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, cross-functional leadership skills, and passion for creative content development and delivery in a heavy client-facing capacity
• Strategic creative mind with the ability to exercise independence, autonomy, and sound judgment in making program and content decisions. Skillfully enlist internal stakeholders to help navigate client relationships
• Experienced digital leader with a robust portfolio demonstrating delivery across email, SMS, social and web. Expert in the best practices of A/B testing, using data to inspire content, and engagement-driving efforts
• Understand and use digital tools, technologies and trends, then leverage those for client success
• Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment and to work well under pressure
• Consistently manage, perform and scope against simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
• Experience and/or enthusiasm for working with government. Passionate about public service, citizen engagement and all things digital
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating strong personal initiative and on-time delivery of project tasks and deliverables.
• Maintain awareness and understanding of government news, as well as digital communications and industry developments that apply to the position and responsibilities.
• Be hungry and passionate, have a collaborative spirit and be committed to making a difference with communications and collaboration.
*Starting rate may vary depending on experience and/or location*