Program Manager at Alteryx
Alteryx is searching for a Program Manager in our Broomfield, CO or Irvine, CA office(s) or (Remote, US).
Is this you?
- Is Strategically Leading Change what excites you to come to work?
- Managing a complex workday - competing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables for different stakeholders - is what gets you out bed. Being a thought leader and strategic partner to our organizational teams and be a key member of leadership is what gets you excited for each day.
- You love the work but the people more because joys are sweetened, and failures lessened when part of a great team.
- People are the heart of every great organization. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our difference make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
- As a high performer, you know one of your most important roles is to elevate the people around you. Because you must continually elevate yourself, personally and professionally.
- You have a passion for successful enterprise technology solutions and recognize that teamwork is a critical success factor. We accept failure is good if we learn from it, not making the same mistakes, Also, you want to be part of a team that celebrates you for all your success and celebrates as a team.
- You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self.
The EPMO team touches every part of Alteryx and improves the lives of those around us - just being awesome - while improving the organization.
We are looking for the next awesome person to join our team and make a difference. If this sounds like you, we need to speak!
This position is NOT for just anyone. Expectations are high from our team and from the organization. Fitting into a tight team of super-smart problem solvers and leaders is hard, especially when working remotely. You must be willing to be vulnerable with the team to fit in, which is hard for some.
The work may be a fit but a long-term role that you love is all about the people. Our interview process with you will help us all decide if we are a good cultural match for the EPMO team.
Who you are working with:
The Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) is an elite internal consulting team that serves every team and department - our clients - throughout Alteryx on complex improvement projects. Our clients look to us to create solutions with them for their greatest problems on tight deadlines. You will have several clients at any given time, at several different stages which creates competing priorities that you much manage as flawlessly as possible.
What you offer us:
- A true partner on the EPMO team with the willingness to hold the EPMO as your "First Team' and actively perpetuate our own unique culture
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize various workstreams with competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Internalize, operationalize, and quickly learn as well as own new concepts without breaking a sweat
- A proven utility player who can be flexible and adapt quickly based on guidance from different executives
- An innate curiosity and hunger to continually dig deeper for understanding
- Finding joy through building that coalition and collaboration within your project team (outside your "first team")
- Relationship builder able to communicate complex ideas clearly
What you DON'T offer:
- Analysis paralysis - needing all the information before moving forward
- Unwilling to take calculated risks
- A 'lone wolf' who prefers to work on their own
- Believing you are the 'genius' who has all the answers
- Needing lots of direction and supervision
What we offer you:
- Cool authentic community
- Support that only a great team can provide. We may be working apart but you are NEVER alone.
- TONS of amazing benefits: 100% company-paid medical, dental, visions that covers you, your family, AND YOUR PETS
- Flexible time off and holidays for you to rejuvenate.
- Tuition reimbursement because we believe in lifelong learning
- Collaborative office space with healthy food and drinks
- 401k matching and stock purchase plans which are important for your financial future
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid volunteer time
What you will do day-to-day:
- Lead the delivery of impactful and urgent enterprise programs that involve multiple concurrent work streams and rely on cross-functional teams to complete
- Offer transparency and impartiality with stakeholders across the organization to appreciate the business intelligence and insights needs of internal and external end-users; understanding when to be bold, when to be flexible and when to pivot
- Build relationships with executive / senior leadership and act as a trusted advisor
- Build cross functional relationships and partnerships across the enterprise to develop roadmap and strategic planning
- Develop roadmaps and timelines to drive action and set realistic expectations.
- Expertly navigate the trade-offs between contending objectives and constraints while guiding the team to achieve the project vision
- Conduct project post-mortems to review results, feedback from cross-teams and learnings for future campaigns and launch programs.
- Provide mentorship to other EPMO team members as well as functional project managers
- Evaluate and assist with scoping important projects and provide a strategic insights and direction to our project partners and stakeholders
What you need to succeed:
- At least ten (10) years of project management experience. Without this, chance of your success goes down quickly as your likely have not had the exposure to enough crazy situations this role requires
- Experience and ability to lead cross functional, collaborative, and focused teams. 'Type A' people welcomed and encouraged. Dictators need not apply.
- Strong project management skills, including road mapping and tracking actions, risks, issues, and decisions
- Intimate familiarity or certification with Lean Six Sigma
- Hands-on experience with Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
- Competence to challenge the team to solve problems, 'mining' for the rival ideas and resolving conflict that arrives when there are competing 'best solutions'
- A personal track record for successful delivery of building strategic relationships with the ability to matrix manage across broad geographies and lead through influence
- Proven ability to move fast in an ambiguous environment without close supervision
- Rapid absorption of new subject matter across technical, business, and market specific domains
- Demonstrated ownership and accountability of results in an end-to-end project lifecycle
- A talent for communicating complicated technical concepts in a clear, concise, and compelling way to both technical and business audiences
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Experience in both creating and presenting technical content including, but not limited to the following formats: presentations, business requirements, market requirements
Highly Valued Additional Skills:
- PMP Certification
- Previous People Leader inclusive of completion of performance reviews
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Irvine, CA is $140k - 172k. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.