Program Manager, Product Development
Alteryx, Inc. is looking for a Technical Program Manager to drive the technical efforts for our analytics platform. This role works cross-functionally with product management in defining strategic business requirements, breaks down features into technical requirements and prioritizes efforts for the engineering and QA teams.The Technical Program Manager will have a deep technical background and will serve as the technical advisor for the end-to-end life cycle of the product and ensure technical readiness for all phases of the software development lifecycle cycle.
- Work with Dev technical lead from the product side to manage large scope projects from initial design concept phase through life cycle of products
- Identify, prioritize and manage key technical changes and risks of features; ensure all technical risks associated are identified and closed or mitigated to enable quality in the product
- Break down business requirements into technical requirements - along with an assessment of the robustness of the solution to meet the business requirements and timelines of the implementation and any additional solutions to mitigate any risks to the plan - and properly prioritize for the engineering team
- Maintain a holistic view that allows identification of dependencies, other impacted teams/product areas and understand & detail those integration points from a technical point-of-view.
- Manage the prioritization of bugs and beta feedback for the engineering team
- Establish tracking metrics for feature usage and adoption, and distribute relevant information to internal team as well as external stakeholders
- Own the successful delivery of new releases of the product, both upgrades of existing software as well as the on-boarding of new customers
- 3+ year’s in enterprise software environment with hands on experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field (science, computer science, data & databases, etc.)
- Technical background; strong experience with programming concepts
- Domain expertise in Analytics (ETL, Data Cataloging, Metadata, Visualization/Dashboards, Model Creation, etc.)
- Enterprise experience (BI background, Data Warehousing, etc.)
- Detail oriented, ability to breakdown features into attribute level details
- Strong project management, interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships across organizational teams in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Effective documentation skills with ability to absorb and articulate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Problem solving skills; strategic thinking and business acumen
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to manage, interpret and influence cross functional teams
- Services background a plus