The "Program Manager, Global Engineering" is the driving force that ensures the global software development organization embraces our development best practices, and that as the team expands, we maintain productivity, velocity, and consistency. To achieve that, the Program Manager makes sure that we continuously improve our best practices, improve our training and education, and quickly adjust when new challenges arise.
The Program Manager establishes and collects key performance indicators of global teams to report to upper management. The manager will not be expected to code but will benefit greatly from the experience of working in an agile software engineering team.
The Program Manager also has a central role in M&A, evaluating potential engineering teams, developing integration plans and driving efficient adoption of our best practices upon acquisition.
The Program Manager reports to the VP of Software Engineering and has oversight of project execution across multiple teams around the globe, overseeing software development workflows, security practices, hiring and training, product roadmap realization, and ongoing measurements of team success.
• Manage the development, maintenance and adaptation of Granicus' software development best practices
• Drive global adherence to Granicus' software development practices through active education, training and coaching to ensure we efficiently build secure, high-quality products
• Define, refine, and report key performance indicators for the software teams to provide clarity on productivity, technical health and factors that may be impeding them
• Represent the software development organization in the evaluation of acquisition candidates' SDLC standards
• Ensure that new members of the engineering team (coming from directs hires and acquisitions) are able to quickly learn and adapt to Granicus' best practices.
• Partner with leadership in other areas of the product org (product management, cloud, security and machine learning) to ensure the software development best practices are fully aligned with the whole organization's
• Collaborate with other Granicus teams to evangelize our best practices and help the whole company maintain the highest technical standards
Who you are:
• 5+ years of experience leading software engineers through successful product deliveries in an Agile environment
• Proven skills in measuring software engineering key performance indications; experience in Flow a plus
• Experience with global development teams, particularly with teams co-located in India and North America and/or Europe
• Several years of hands-on experience in software engineering as an individual contributor or project or product manager
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills for interacting with all internal organization, executives and business customer groups
• Elevated level of personal initiative, integrity, and leadership
• Ability to serve as the technical leader of a distributed, collaborative, and extraordinarily skilled software development team
• Experience training engineers in SDLC a plus
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets following the company's information security program.