Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
Outrider seeks a process-focused Program Manager focused on Configuration Management to bridge engineering and operations functions and create accurate bills of materials (BoMs) for our procurement, manufacturing, deployment, and support operations. This is a mid-level position focused on the tracking, management, and communication of software, hardware, and tool configurations used in our product in various contexts, including system testing, proof-of-concept, and pilot/production deployments. This role is crucial to the successful build and deployment of the Outrider System.
This position requires a detailed-oriented, energetic individual who has or can quickly learn the responsibilities of a configuration manager and apply themselves to the role in a fast-paced, “roll-up-your-sleeves” environment.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be able to navigate between engineering, operations, and commercial teams. The candidate will have experience with ERP and spreadsheet applications. Also some experience in configuration management, program management and or purchasing would be desirable.
- Act as the subject matter expert of the configuration management process responsible for adhering to, and continually improving Outrider's configuration management processes
- Manage configuration item lists for software, hardware, and other design and production-related documents
- Perform configuration management audits at designated frequency
- Manage engineering change orders (ECOs) from project management perspective
- Ensure bill of materials (BoM) consistency by comparing current and proposed BoM changes
- Provide summaries to management on the status of configuration item lists and ECOs
- Manage (upload, enter manually, audit) bill of materials versions in ERP (Netsuite)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Supply Chain / Program Management or related field
- Basic knowledge of configuration management concepts
- Ability to communicate to a variety of discipline
- Ability to analyze and summarize data (spreadsheets, reporting..)
- Ability to lead team meetings with agenda, take notes and assign actions
- Ability to learn configuration management features in a modern enterprise resource planning (ERP) tool (Netsuite)
- Ability to do highly detailed data entry into various software applications
- ASPICE SUP.8 Configuration Management Process knowledge
- Experience as a configuration manager
- Experience with a modern ERP system (Netsuite, SAP, other)
- Experience managing or using a complex bill of material structure (top level assemblies, sub assemblies…)
- ASCM certification
- Experience with Solidworks PDM or similar tools such as Arena, Windchill, OpenBOM, Duro, Propel or UpChain
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range of $75,000 - $100,000. For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.