Program Management Team Lead - Advanced Technologies & Missions at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The National Defense Strategic Business Unit works with members of the military, intelligence and defense communities to deliver space systems that drive mission success. From space situational awareness to Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, we provide resilient mission-level solutions for the nation’s greatest challenges.
Program Management Team Lead – Advanced Technologies & Missions
Lead a team of program managers focused on technology development, architecture studies, and hardware demonstrations. This position reports to the Advanced Technologies & Missions (ATM) business area, which develops future discriminators for our National Defense (ND) Strategic Business Unit.
What You’ll Do:
- Create the future of national defense programs at Ball, by developing our next generation of program managers and enabling successful programs to implement innovative concepts and technologies.
- Support ATM program managers in meeting cost, schedule, and technical commitments. Ensure ATM program management is consistent with Ball’s Program Management policy and processes.
- Manage a small group of program managers, including program assignments, mentorship, performance reviews, and staff development plans.
- Participate in the ATM leadership team to create and maintain a collaborative and creative culture within the ATM organization.
- Create advancement paths for program managers in ATM and throughout ND.
- Assess and communicate the needs of ATM programs to support organizations across Ball.
- Partner with the ND Director of Program Management Advancement to understand and adapt tools, processes, and training programs for ATM program managers.
- May be called on to manage ATM programs, including full responsibility for cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 15 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $166,500 - $230,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.