The Professional Services Operations Specialist is a key member of the PS Operations team. The PS Ops team facilitates project activation, administration, resource management, and reporting across the PS Organization. The PS Ops team is critical to the overall scalability of the Professional Services Organization.
Strong Operations Specialist candidates have a demonstrated record of creating and maintaining processes and systems that allow teams to function optimally. You'll need strong organizational skills to maintain existing processes, continually improve those that don't, and sound judgement to know the difference. A desire to be part of a results-driven, client-focused, fast paced team is a must.
What You'll Do:
- Own all processes/workflows around project intake, activation & administration (the internal administrative process of transforming "won deals" into assigned projects and subsequently closing them out)
- Develop into a subject matter expert on resource management (resource allocation, time tracking, skill/competency tracking, and forecasting) and PS reporting.
- Assist with reporting needs across the PS Org. This includes the creation of standard and custom reports as requested by PS Leadership, as well as equipping front-line managers with reports that support their operational needs. Examples of standard reporting include: Utilization, Project Profitability, Resource Forecasting, Revenue Forecasting, and Project Health
- Become a mentor, trainer, and leader within the PS Ops team, to include the onboarding of new employees in the PS organization.
- Leverage company-standard CRM, PSA and project management solutions to maintain user friendly methods for executing, tracking, and billing projects
- Operationalize the day-to-day maintenance of new tools, solutions, and processes to optimize the PS Teams' performance.
- Create and own documentation for existing processes and automated workflows within the PS Ops team.
Who You Are:
- Have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a business operations role, ideally with experience around reporting and business process automation
- Familiarity with enterprise-level CRM solutions (Salesforce preferred) and project management solutions (OpenAir experience strongly preferred)
- Possess superior communication skills - oral, written, and visual (ex: process mapping/workflow).
- Strong ability to understand a business problem and develop the right amount of processes around it. This is summarized by creating processes that allow our business to scale without hindering internal teams with too much administrative work.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to translate raw data into meaningful metrics
- Ability to operate independently and as part of large cross-functional teams
- Ability to travel, as needed (up to 20%)
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.