Production Planner at AMP Robotics
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. We’re reimagining and actively modernizing the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and with manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy technology that solves many of the central challenges of recycling and shifts the economics of the industry to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable. With more than 70 systems installed across North America, Japan, and Europe, we’re increasing the value that can be extracted from recyclable material through superior separation, purity enhancement, and identification of new end markets for reuse and recycling.
Our diverse, growing team of environmentalists, engineers, and other professionals shares a passion for the promise technology holds to transform the way we recycle. With backing from top-tier investors including Sequoia Capital and recognition including Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary Operations liaison to Sales Operations to support S&OP process including reviewing and updating forecasts/demand plans to a regular cadence.
- Inputs forecast into ERP, creates master schedule to drive procurement plan for materials.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and oversee products through the complete production cycle utilizing Netsuite ERP.
- Publish production schedules and assure adherence by working with all functional areas to ensure timely material flow along with product requirements to meet production targets.
- Reviews job status and monitors availability of material to support work order release date requirements. Coordinates with the buyers to resolve issues that affect the production plan.
- Meets with production daily and takes the lead role to facilitate the prioritization of jobs for production operations.
- Proactively identify risks to the production plan and drives communication with other Operations teams to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Owner of the end to end work order management process from start (job creation) to finish (job close) - including but not limited to work order creation, on-going maintenance, and variance reconciliation.
- Assist in defining product and BOM structures profiles in ERP and PLM systems for optimum effectiveness for manufacturing execution.
- Plays a key role in process improvement and new system implementation including upgrading ERP planning processes for maximum benefit.
- Evaluate Engineering Change Orders and ensure proper implementation including establishing effectivity dates that appropriately balance cost impact and customer service.
- Ensure the use of lean manufacturing tools such as continuous improvement, optimized planning flow, and visual controls.
- Perform production post-mortems to help analyze areas of improvement for future productions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Planning and Purchasing/Procurement utilizing fully functional ERP systems with MRP capabilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities; able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines in a complex, early stage company environment.
- Exceptional at working independently or with teams in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills along with clear and concise written and oral communications.
- Capable of building and maintaining productive relationships with peers and cross functional teams.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- APICS certification is a plus
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
AMP Robotics values inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer that encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.