Production Planner (ADX-26-21) at ArcherDX
In October 2020, Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA) combined with ArcherDX, a genomic analysis company specializing in cancer diagnostics and monitoring, to create a leading comprehensive medical and cancer genetics company. As a combined company, Invitae, is bringing world-class genetic testing and diagnostics into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our goal is to aggregate the world’s genetic tests into a single service with higher quality and accuracy, faster turnaround time and actionable results. Learn more at invitae.com and archerdx.com.
The Production Planner is responsible for coordinating production workflow for one or multiple products, planning and prioritizing operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay. The Production Planner also determines the raw materials and consumable inventory to needed to support production demand. This role will coordinate closely with the Manufacturing teams to ensure proper capacity planning for the given production suite can be obtained from given forecasting needs.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Schedule usage of production materials to ensure optimal production levels
- Monitor material supply flow and identify any shortages or bottlenecks in usage
- Manage deadlines to meet Operational On-Time-Delivery (OTD)
- Anticipate program needs, and expedite material and material requirements for production, manufacturing or kitting operations.
- Assist in identifying production and kitting needs with the Manufacturing teams
- Plan sequential manufacturing and kitting operations; may estimate and generate production schedules to accommodate the master schedule.
- Provide continued information to update project schedules.
- Write and maintain manufacturing routers, configuration requirements, and material traceability documentation.
- Support inventory management strategies based on Kanban needs, requested inventory order point, and ERP system strategy.
- Create and utilize purchase requisitions through approval.
- Anticipate material/ part shortages or delays and expedite as required to eliminate project schedule impacts.
- Assist Manufacturing to plan and coordinate equipment requirements and cost estimates for production manufacturing and kitting operations.
- Identify long lead procurement and fabrication needs.
- Provide material and manufacturing status reports.
- Maintain strict adherence to business process and government compliance.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Technical certifications such as an APICS certification preferred
- 2+ years’ experience as a production planner in the industry, preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Strong regard for product quality and safety standards
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Attention to detail and proficient in data entry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work effectively in a team environment
- High school/ GED diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree or some college preferred