What this role is about
Name.com is hiring a Product Manager to work closely with business stakeholders, UI/UX, Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Support in a truly agile approach. The right person for this role will be data-driven, be iterative in their approach, and relentless in delivering innovative customer-focused flows to ensure we are building the best holistic experience for our expanding user base. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a deadline-driven, results oriented, fast-paced team environment.
A little about our team
The Product team sets strategy, owns usability metrics, and builds innovative products and services that Name.com customers love. We stay up late thinking about the future and how to get there. We’re critical of bad user experiences that we encounter on the web. We’re the first to rattle off a list of other websites that have tackled a similar problem and provide opinionated monologues on whether we liked it or not. We obsess over the minute details of a product. We take pride in simplifying concepts and translating ideas into functional specifications. Most importantly, we do what needs to get done. We’re a company of doers.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Create metrics, tracking, and reporting for all major flows on the website
- Lead projects from scoping through production that focus on improving customer experience, conversion rates, and value-added services attachment rates
- Break projects into user story-level requirements
- Conceive, develop, and run optimization tests on the homepage, search pages, and checkout flow
- Work with Product and Engineering to refine the agile planning process
- Create product documents including scoping documents, functional specifications, and user-acceptance testing plans
- Perform business intelligence analysis and generate custom ad hoc reports to meet business needs
- Work with UI/UX to develop and maintain a system for conducting user research
What we hope to see in your experience
- 2+ years of Product Management or equivalent experience in an agile software development environment
- Demonstrated competency in Google Analytics, SQL, and Microsoft Excel
- Capable of planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with individuals at all levels and across functions
- Strong analytical skills, with experience breaking down ambiguous data problems
- Ability to meet rigorous deadlines and balance multiple priorities, while maintaining high levels of productivity and detail orientation
- Knowledge of UX design and web design best practices
B.A., B.S. required
Some things to know about Name.com
Located in downtown Denver, CO Name.com is a domain name registrar/hosting services company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Donuts Inc. (www.donuts.domains). Name.com has an outstanding reputation in our industry. We've got a casual, close-knit, team-oriented workplace filled with funny, intelligent, dedicated, and happy people. Our parent company, Donuts Inc., is a leading global domain name registry for new top-level Internet domain extensions. Donuts offers businesses, individuals and organizations new ways to brand and unify their online identities, in multiple languages and character sets.
This is an exciting time to join the Name.com team and we are hiring smart people who get things done. Name.com offers a highly competitive compensation package and a fun, friendly and collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development. Name.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.