Principal, Academic Partner Communications and Engagement at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Principal, Academic Partner Communications and Engagement on the Academic Partnerships team to lead the strategy and execution of communication and engagement efforts across Guild’s diverse portfolio of academic partners (universities and other academic learning providers).
This is a unique opportunity to serve in a newly formed role and have a tangible impact at a critical time of growth for the company. We are looking for a leader who is highly skilled at designing, developing, and delivering impactful communication and engagement approaches to ensure Guild is building a robust and deeply invested set of stakeholders across our Learning Marketplace. This individual will work closely with other members of the Learning Marketplace team to define and execute a partner-wide communication and engagement strategy that helps reinforce Guild’s value proposition to our academic partners, and delivers valuable insights to our partners that lead those partners to grow their commitment to and engagement with Guild over time.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders within Learning Marketplace and Guild broadly to define a strategy and approach--aligned with company strategy and objectives--to engage our existing academic partners across the marketplace in ways that add value to our partners and support Guild’s business goals
- Define and execute a set of key communication and engagement channels and activities in support of that strategy, focused on existing academic partners as the core audience. These activities are likely to include events, webinars, newsletters, and other resource creation.
- Identify opportunities to highlight best practices, demonstrate thought leadership, and share insights and learning across our academic partners that will add value to Guild and enhance the partners’ working engagement with Guild
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams at Guild--including our academic account management, sales & GTM, solutions, and marketing/PR teams--to ensure our strategies for communication and engagement support the objectives our teams have with our current and prospective partners
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 8-10 years of experience in client services, customer experience, enterprise marketing, or similar, particularly working with a large audience of complex enterprise-level b2b organizations as clients. Experience working with academic, higher education institutions as your clients is a major plus.
- Experience defining and executing communication strategies for impact with enterprise clients
- Experience building communities of diverse stakeholders towards an end of driving business results for your company and the stakeholders together
- Experience owning and running major corporate events and engagements
- Superb communication skills; ability to shape communication to clients that will produce impact, engagement, and results
- Experience working cross functionally in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Comfort serving at both a strategic and operational level, willing to both set a strategy and lead the execution of that strategy in a startup environment
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with senior stakeholders internally and externally, and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others on strategic projects and significant cross-functional initiatives, directly and indirectly through influence, to drive to measurable business outcomes
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.