Practice Lead - Modern Data Center at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
The Practice Lead role is responsible for technical consulting excellence, sales, business development, capability development and thought leadership. It is largely a client facing role, requiring a highly consultative approach to senior business leaders. The role will bring a combination of hands-on experience, expert-level accreditation and a demonstrable passion for the products and services in the assigned practice. It is a role that focuses on the resolution of business problems, through the use of technology solutions. This individual will be responsible for driving sales through executive relationships within key partner organizations. Accountable for establishing sales targets to meet company objectives, and will also be responsible for providing the leadership essential to maintaining a superior level of growth. Leverages Arrow’s full line of products and services, global expertise and organization to deliver solutions that address the customer’s needs and grow the practice. This individual will partner with leaders and teams within the organization to provide a unified approach across geographies and act as the leader for a unified campaign and sales motion within the practice area.
Practice Development and Sales Strategy
• Partners with the Regional leaders to establish go-to-market strategies and implementation plans for the assigned practice area.
• Drive overall growth of practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, oversight of delivery work, and thought leadership.
• The Practice Lead will be instrumental in pinpointing opportunities for existing and potential partners.
• Instrumental in pinpointing opportunities for existing and potential partners.
• Identifies trends in the marketplace and recommends sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
Relationships and Influence
• Leverages internal matrix relationships across regions to direct the implementation and execution of sales programs.
• Manage key customer relationships and provide oversight for the team’s customer interactions during the sales and delivery processes to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Maintain technical relationships with key vendor partners to define, develop, market, and support the practice.
• Develop new partnerships as needed to provide a complete capability to successfully sell and deliver solutions and services.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with other internal organizations.
• Develops influential relationships across supplier and partner organizations that enable and sustain appropriate engagement at executive, management and operational levels.
• Establish a group of resources responsible for support of global consistency in sales execution in the practice area.
• Build and leverage partnerships with executive and senior business leaders, particularly the senior sales leaders and their teams, to support growth objectives, balance localization/customization, share best practices, and drive sales.
• Build, develop/mentor and recruit/hire the sales and technical team capable of executing the strategy.
• Ensure a strong talent bench as the practice grows, and continue to encourage innovation.
• Build and create shared programs to support the business strategy, including the tools, processes and policies to support the programs.
• Play a key role in the development of new service offerings that align with our current go to market strategy.
• Ensures communications are coordinated and support sales plan objectives.
• Manage departmental budget and meets organizational expenditure requirements.
• Manages multiple, complex and potentially prolonged sales processes for key strategic opportunities.
• Establish, lead, and continuously review the effectiveness of the organization model/structure that maximizes the practice strategy.
Experience communicating and nogotiating effectively across countries and regions with credibility and influence. Ability to understand and communicate complex issues clearly and accurately. Excellent written, analytical and presentation skills. Fluency in written and verbal English.
• Bachelor’s degree in sales, business or related field. Related graduate degree a plus.
• 12+ years of Sales Management/Leadership experience within a consultative Sales organization
• Experience or working in complex, global, matrixed reporting organizations. International experience is a plus.
• Strong leadership skills, program management abilities, and experience managing and influencing a in a cross cultural environment.
• Strong relationship-building skills with the ability to build organizational alignment and gain support for strategies and process.
• Ability to work at the strategic, operational and tactical levels, understanding how the “pieces fit together” and providing strategic guidance and coaching to accomplish the task.
• Decisive and a bias for action. Champions change and helps others through change.
• Engages a “One Arrow” mindset and drives accountability through all levels in the organization. High degree of personal integrity.
• Ability to articulate an in-depth understanding of the customers’ environment; possess advanced certifications in technology and/or sales excellence; and have a history of success in selling complex software platform.
• Experience managing regional account programs and strategic partners and driving sales within these programs.
• Proven ability to hire, lead and motivate a sales team.
• Knowledge of channel sales, finance and leasing, working with partners and the overall IT channel.
• A strategic sales executive, capable of managing a team through long cycle, complex decision-making sales
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Wide Variety of Growth Opportunities
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)