Portfolio Manager at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking?
At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology.
Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
FIS is hiring a Portfolio Manager for our Automate Next team.
About the team-
The Automate Next team works in collaboration across business lines, they partner with business teams to optimize back office, contact center and corporate processes and improve the client and colleague experience.
They provide increased Straight-Through-Processing & reduce end-to-end processing time, as well as, increased client self-service to improve client experience and improved margins.
What you will be doing-
- Will act as the central point of contact for LOB Senior Stakeholders and coordinate LOB engagement with the Automate Next discovery and delivery teams.
- Own delivery execution responsibility to ensure Automate next delivers savings and improvements.
- Develops detailed project plans and manages all implementation processes including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training and on-time delivery within budget constraints.
- Understanding and experience of Corporate and Commercial banking solutions is required.
- Manage KPI's to ensure program objectives are met.
- Coordinate work performed by IT staff and internal customers/partners by defining project requirements, performing feasibility and needs/impact assessments.
- Portfolios may vary in number, size and complexity.
- Manage 2--10 Project managers.
- Will Report directly into the Program Executive for Automate Next
What you bring-
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 10 + years as a Portfolio manager/Program Manager
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines.
- Provide regular communications to senior LOB stakeholders and executives - including status dashboards, LOB/Automate Next management Forum, etc.
- Act as the LOB escalation point for any issues or risks
Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and the correct project application
- Need to have large scale budgets in a enterprise environment
- Experience working executives / Stake holders
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
Nice to have
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Clarity and Agile
What We Offer You:
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.