Planning Supervisor II at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Planning Supervisor II
The Planning Supervisor will be responsible for leading a diverse group of Execution Planners in both development and production environments. This functional leadership role will report to the Execution Planning Manager and is accountable for strengthening and maintaining the team’s capability through training, mentoring, and career growth.
The opportunity requires a result driven individual capable of identifying challenges and driving solutions in support of an organization of 30 team members.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a strong relationship with the internal customer to identify their value proposition(s).
- Maintain an intense focus and continuous presence where the work is performed. Take daily Gemba walks, go and see to gather the facts, and develop a deep and thorough understanding of the process.
- Work with department management to determine staffing requirements. Assign staff to support department work requirements.
- Regularly direct the work of department employees, while contributing to departmental goals and success.
- Exercise authority by identifying and suggesting hiring needs, management of team members, advancement, or status change of other employees.
- Write and conduct performance appraisals and reviews.
- Conceive, develop, implement, and maintain planner training and transition plans.
- Interface well with other people at all levels and from diverse areas, use initiative in applying solutions to assignments, contribute to large teams and show leadership to less experienced people.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on projects, interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Ensure tasks are completed according to departmental requirements and schedules.
- Ensure employees are properly trained and receive the supervision and direction needed to accomplish their work assignments in an efficient and cost-effective manner while observing all applicable work rules, safety rules, department directives, and company policies.
- Conceive, develop, and implement solutions to a variety of complex and specific departmental problems.
- Demonstrate effective skills or experiences in handling challenging supervision/personnel issues.
- Communicate clearly and professionally in both written and oral formats.
- May develop, prepare and/or track departmental budget expenditures and be accountable for overhead and operational budgets.
- May supervise the implementation of new policies or procedures.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations, while maintaining all required records in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies and directives.
- Maintain a strong focus on human and hardware safety.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years of related planning supervisory experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP Systems.
- Demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies for these functions.
- Demonstrated work history of developing and maintaining good working relationships with staff at all levels of the organization and providing excellent detailed customer service to multiple customers.
- Proficiency using Windows and common Microsoft Office applications especially Excel and SharePoint.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.