Parts Project Manager I - Design Assurance at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Parts Project Manager I – Design Assurance
Join the Ball Aerospace Electrical and Electrical Solutions (EES) business unit as a Design Assurance (DA) Parts Project Manager! The DA group within EES is seeking a Parts Project Manager to lead cross-functional internal projects specific to electrical, electronic, and electromechanical (EEE) parts. You will drive EEE parts execution within Ball Aerospace on large-scale space programs.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive internal parts execution by working with key stakeholders (Project Managers, Planners, Buyers, etc.).
- Create Statements of Work (SOWs) for complex EEE parts.
- Manage completion of Non-Standard Part Approval Requests (NSPAR’s) for internal design activities.
- Facilitate Parts, Materials and Processes Control Board (PMPCB) customer meetings for Ball-built hardware, as required.
- Prioritize Program Approved Parts List (PAPL) approvals to meet program schedule expectations.
- Work with Project Engineers and Design Engineers to maximize Ball Part Selection List (BPSL) usage.
- Manage Parts Engineering (PE) tasks related to incoming material receipts (e.g., data reviews, Destructive Physical Analysis failures, Hardware Anomaly Reports, etc.).
- Coordinate Source Inspections and Manufacture Readiness Review (MRR) visits.
- Drive resolution/coordinate with Integrated Supply Chain (ISC), Engineering, and the supply base to improve part lead times, mitigate schedule slips, address part obsolescence, and resolve supplier-related issues which may arise during the procurement cycle.
- Attend supplier/buyer meetings and travel to supplier sites, as required.
- Support Engineering with Failure Analysis (FA) investigations.
- Propose, lead and direct continuous improvement activities at the organization, operational and discipline levels with focus on providing the "lowest cost and technically acceptable solution" paradigm.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the company to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated self-starter; with the ability to work independently and with a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with EEE parts is highly preferred.
- Experience supporting a high performing Engineering team throughout the full lifecycle from proposal through delivery, is highly preferred.
- PMP certification and/or Lean Six Sigma training are highly preferred.
- Active security clearance is preferred; ability and willingness to obtain a clearance in the future is required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $73,500 - $99,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.