OSP Splicing Project Manager at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This position is primarily responsible for providing end-to-end customer support, solutions, planning and implementing fiber connectivity solutions, managing customer orders, handling customer service requests, coordinating installations, executing and serving as single point of contact for customers, post-sale, providing direction and project ownership by leading the implementation, execution and communication of projects / orders for customers.
- Responsible for daily management of construction vendors to expedite the splicing and testing of fiber optic OSP facilities.
- Mandatory on call duty to respond to network outages and emergency restoration activities on a weekly rotation with other OSP PMs.
- Managing relationship to jurisdictions and ROW contacts such as cities, counties and railroad. Working in close relationship with underlying rights group to identify and prepare encroachment permitting, franchise agreements and building access agreement.
- Coordinates access to customer and network points of presence for fiber splicing and testing vendors.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of fiber connectivity solutions programs and projects that adhere to approved plans, budgets and schedules.
- Provides specialized telecommunications technical expertise.
- Coordinates and facilitates with internal and external resources to effect the timely completion of projects.
- Oversees, product and/or service of the unit(s) managed may involve highly technical activities or programs; or policies, procedures, controls and services required to support the sound financial, operational and competitive position of the company.
- Implements commercial and carrier fiber networks, infrastructure, backbone and lateral builds.
- Works within a Data Center environment implementing customer-installation projects and services.
- Creates and tracks project budgets in relationship to Network Operations.
- Provides direct interface with customers, subcontractors, jurisdictional authorities and interoffice personnel. Supports customer meetings as necessary which requires in person meetings and travel to client and/or construction sites.
- Oversees procurement of equipment and materials related to the assigned projects.
- Executes Bid Process, inclusive of budgetary requirements and the tracking thereof.
- Verify and update project documentation.
- Timely tracking of project progress and budget in Salesforce and manual tracker.
- Timely update of budget requests, purchase orders, project close out and internal service orders in Salesforce.
- Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in the telecommunications industry with outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, optical transport equipment, and project management experience.
- Fiber optic cable splicing and testing knowledge not required but preference will be given to candidates with this experience.
- Must have 3 years familiarity with all types of outside plant construction and experience managing large capital projects.
- Familiar with Email, MS Excel, Word, Google Earth and AutoCad.
- Must be able to manage multiple aggressive RFP and design construction schedules and responses.
- Must be able to understand and read construction and fiber splicing documents.
- Familiar with all facets of OSP management, including quoting, construction and delivery.
- The employee must possess a valid driver’s license and is expected to drive as required to his/her assigned projects in order to ensure on time and on budget delivery.
- The employee must perform on-site surveys and attend field meetings required to ensure projects meet the delivery/ commitment dates identified.
- The employee will be required occasionally to meet with various municipalities and vendors to review project scope and to ensure positive communication is maintained.
- Mandatory on call duty will be assigned on a weekly rotation with other OSP PMs.
- Competitive compensation
- Base Salary Range: $70,000-$90,000
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave