OSP Project Manager - Maintenance, Outages, and Repair at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This position is primarily responsible for providing end-to-end customer support, solutions, planning and implementing fiber connectivity solutions, managing customer orders, handling customer service requests, coordinating installations, executing and serving as single point of contact for customers, post-sale, providing direction and project ownership by leading the implementation, execution and communication of projects / orders for customers. Other responsibilities include the management of the maintenance, repair, and locating of current network infrastructure.
- Responsible for daily management of construction vendors to expedite the construction, maintenance, and repair of OSP facilities.
- Requirement to pull on call duty to respond to network outages and emergency restoration activities.
- Fiber splicing and testing background is preferred.
- Managing relationship to jurisdictions and ROW contacts such as cities, counties and railroad. Working in close relationship with underlying rights group to identify and prepare encroachment permitting, franchise agreements and building access agreement.
- Oversees timely permitting submittal and on time performance construction vendors.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of fiber connectivity solutions programs and projects that adhere to approved plans, budgets and schedules.
- Provides specialized telecommunications technical expertise.
- Coordinates and facilitates with internal and external resources to effect the timely completion of projects.
- Oversees, product and/or service of the unit(s) managed may involve highly technical activities or programs; or policies, procedures, controls and services required to support the sound financial, operational and competitive position of the company.
- Designs and Implements commercial and carrier fiber networks, infrastructure, backbone and lateral builds.
- Creates and tracks project budgets in relationship to Network Operations.
- Provides direct interface with customers, subcontractors, jurisdictional authorities and interoffice personnel. Supports customer meetings as necessary which requires in person meetings and travel to client and/or construction sites.
- Oversees procurement of equipment and materials related to the assigned projects.
- Executes Bid Process, inclusive of budgetary requirements and the tracking thereof.
- Verify and update project documentation.
- Timely tracking of project progress and budget in Salesforce and manual tracker.
- Timely update of budget requests, purchase orders, project close out and internal service orders in Salesforce.
- Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in the telecommunications industry with outside plant, fiber optics, telecommunication architectures, optical transport equipment, and project management experience.
- Must have 3 years familiarity with all types of outside plant construction and experience managing large capital projects.
- Familiar with Email, MS Excel, Word, and Google Earth.
- Must be able to manage multiple aggressive RFP and design construction schedules and responses.
- Must be able to understand and read construction documents.
- Familiar with all facets of OSP management, including quoting, construction and delivery.
- Business minded and able to maintain a commercial focus.
- The employee must possess a valid driver’s license and is expected to drive as required to his/her assigned projects in order to ensure on time and on budget delivery.
- The employee must perform on-site surveys and attend field meetings required to ensure projects meet the delivery/ commitment dates identified.
- The employee will be required occasionally to meet with various municipalities and vendors to review project scope and to ensure positive communication is maintained.
- Employess will be required to pull on call duty, as dictated by the needs of the business.
Base salary range: $78,113-$84,995
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave