Optimization Project Manager at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This position is responsible for developing, coordinating and facilitating with internal and external resources to effectuate the timely completion of cost-savings initiatives and optimization projects involving Zayo’s telecommunications network. Responsibilities will include developing end to end milestone management plan, tracking and reporting, and identification and support in resolution of issues. Will collaborate with Product teams on plans for the cost savings initiatives. This person will also work closely with engineering and operations’ resources and have detailed knowledge of assigned projects. Will need to communicate and provide regular status with respective teams and management.
- Data reconciliation through database reporting and analysis
- Vendor billing reconciliation and dispute identification
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience as a Technical Project Manager within the telecommunications industry.
- Project management experience within telecommunications
- 5+ years of experience working on complex, innovative projects/networks.
- Exceptional attention to detail and multitasking abilities are a must.
- Fluent Knowledge of MS Excel and Google Docs.
- Understanding of telecommunications circuits and their network routing.
- Knowledge of ISP infrastructure and design concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to run and manage Project Management functions with internal and external organizations.
- Demonstrated investigational and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of SalesForce, GE SmallWorld, Metasolv is a plus.
- Competitive compensation
Base salary range: $81,491-$88,629
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave